SU opens as 6.5 point dog | Syracusefan.com

SU opens as 6.5 point dog

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
I wonder if someone will track the line movements as the news unfolds about who is actually going to play in these bowls and who will sit out. Not sure it will be a worthwhile exercise, but seems like it could be.

I wonder if someone will track the line movements as the news unfolds about who is actually going to play in these bowls and who will sit out. Not sure it will be a worthwhile exercise, but seems like it could be.
Agree. That will be a huge factor. I'm not a betting man, but I won't even start to think about doing our site contest until we have a better idea of opt outs.

Line seems about right to me although most Orange fans will expect to win.

Living in MN I know the Gophers well. This is a bad match for Syracuse. MN has #5 overall defense and #11 rushing offense.

Stats amassed playing cupcakes.
Their first three games were New Mexico State, Western Illinois, Colorado.

They beat up on Michigan State week four.

Stats amassed playing cupcakes.
Yeah it was posted in another thread, they beat 6-6 Wisconsin(with a lame duck coach at the end of the season) and 6-6 New Mexico State. The rest of their wins were against a gang of stiffs with losing records

the best thing to do is guess your own who is gonna leave lines and bet things now if you want to get ahead of the line moves. some may move 5-10 pts.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I’m not a gambling man but this looks like free money.

Line seems about right to me although most Orange fans will expect to win.

Living in MN I know the Gophers well. This is a bad match for Syracuse. MN has #5 overall defense and #11 rushing offense.
Oh boy, we’re not going through another one of these games again. Just load the box, cover zero. Then on offense Shrader to Orande all day. Lol

Admittedly that does sound scary but their SOS was strikingly weak. From what I see they are a big defense though, we’re gonna have to sell out against the run.

I’d like to see scholarship $ revoked for any year in which a player opts out for any game in which they are medically cleared by staff. The player should have an obligation to the school and it sounds like it should become a business contract. I can’t believe so many support the idea of opt-outs. Bowls are not any more or less meaningless than a regular season game save for a small handful of schools that stay in playoff. If your team plays in a game, that game matters to the school.

I’d like to see scholarship $ revoked for any year in which a player opts out for any game in which they are medically cleared by staff. The player should have an obligation to the school and it sounds like it should become a business contract. I can’t believe so many support the idea of opt-outs. Bowls are not any more or less meaningless than a regular season game save for a small handful of schools that stay in playoff. If your team plays in a game, that game matters to the school.

I'll be sure and portal before my Junior year to an "NFL friendly" school.

Take a look at how much less Jake Butt made in the NFL as a result of getting injured in the Orange Bowl.

Trying to enact rules to force a player to play in a bowl game is ultimately just selfishness on your part. If Tucker gets injured and drops in the draft (or doesn’t get drafted) - how exactly does that impact you? It doesn’t. It’s a life altering impact for the injured player though.

Take a look at how much less Jake Butt made in the NFL as a result of getting injured in the Orange Bowl.

Trying to enact rules to force a player to play in a bowl game is ultimately just selfishness on your part. If Tucker gets injured and drops in the draft (or doesn’t get drafted) - how exactly does that impact you? It doesn’t. It’s a life altering impact for the injured player though.
As you much as you want to make it about me or the fans, that's a misconception. Sure I'd like them to stay, but the football program that chooses to award the scholarship and the dealers that hand out NIL - they are the ones whose bottom line is affected. They are the ones that should set requirements for participation. Without college football 99% of these kids do not have a platform to develop to reach their NFL potential. If this is essentially all business related, I don't see what's ridiculous about writing a job description that requires the employee to show up every day until the end of their contract. Or maybe it gets to the point where they have to include "paid games off". Maybe for every season they fulfill their requirements, they earn one paid game off. By senior year they can take up to 3 games off - backload it, frontload it, their choice. Everyone is looking out for themselves, sadly.

If this goes unchecked, eventually you'll see marquee players opting out in the middle of the season once they've "shown enough" to impress the scouts. It needs to be regulated. If they don't like it then don't go to college, find another platform.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom