SU players that showed Timme's leadership? | Syracusefan.com

SU players that showed Timme's leadership?

Red Holzman

Starter
Gonzaga is Timme's team-
His outstanding leadership rallying them at the half, then by example with his 2nd half play was very impressive.
Also showed character by redirecting the post-game interview back to credit Nembhard's contribution.
Nembhard's great appreciation for that was obvious.

The quick huddles the Zags and St Peters use during short breaks in play are great- they get everyone on the same page and settled down.

Having a "coach on floor" is a great asset for any HC.
What SU players come to mind that provided the same heart and leadership as Timme?

His interview post game was awesome. The question Katz asked him was “what did you tell your guys in the locker room?” Timme said something like, “I told them let’s (pause) f !ng go and leave it all out there. Let’s not play like a bunch of (pause) soft guys…” lol

Last edited:
His interview post game was awesome. The question Katz asked him was “what did you tell your guys in the locker room?” Timme said something like, “I told them let’s (pause) go and leave it all out there. Let’s not play like a bunch of (pause) soft guys…” lol
+1
Nembhard showed great appreciation/respect for Timme's leadership.
Leaders like Timme on a team are good for several W's per season to a HC's record IMO.

leader in the locker room

giphy.gif

Team has been Charmin soft for a few years. Need to some bad arse Philly and NYC kids to show the upstate boys how to play. Sy is the only kid that seems to have an edge on the floor.
I always loved the NYC guards like Eddie Moss, Gene Waldron, Pearl, etc. Tough kids that never backed down and had serious game.

As a fan it’s hard to know who the off the court, or locker room, leaders truly are. These guys were some of my favorite on court guys.

Pearl
Lawrence Moten
Sherman Douglas
Derrick Coleman

No one that comes to mind. Flynn and Fair led by example but weren’t exactly verbal or floor coaches

Yesterday, in the studio, Kenny Smith said he loves NYC guards. They would rather give up their wallet than the ball.
Sounds good, but Jalen Carey.

Yesterday, in the studio, Kenny Smith said he loves NYC guards. They would rather give up their wallet than the ball.
That was very true back in the day. Talent coming out of NYC, including guards, ain't what it used to be. Not sure why.

That was very true back in the day. Talent coming out of NYC, including guards, ain't what it used to be. Not sure why.
Because they leave and go to prep school. It’s why NYS basketball has taken a nose dive and the past 10 years.

Because they leave and go to prep school. It’s why NYS basketball has taken a nose dive and the past 10 years.
Used to be you couldn't get more competitive than NYC basketball. There wouldn't be any need to go to a prep school. But if you look over the last few decades the quality of talent coming out of NYC, whether they went to a prep school or not, has fallen off. I would argue New Jersey has pumped out more talent than NYC over the last 15-20 years.

EDIT: I think the stronger upstate NY players leave for prep schools to find better competition.

His interview post game was awesome. The question Katz asked him was “what did you tell your guys in the locker room?” Timme said something like, “I told them let’s (pause) f !ng go and leave it all out there. Let’s not play like a bunch of (pause) soft guys…” lol

You forgot the best part at the end "He got us the sh it man. Good sh it boy"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom