SU turnout in Greensboro | Syracusefan.com

SU turnout in Greensboro

raf4488

Starter
What can we expect tomorrow? NC State should have the crowd on their side, but can we expect a large, loud SU contingent?

We've had an excellent turnout for almost every away game; I see no reason for the ACC Tournament to be any different. Lots of SU fans in NC- there was a ton of Orange at Wake this year and at NC State in December 2011.

Cuselife said:
Probaly around 4000. The arena holds 23000. Expect a lot of red and blue

You think about 2500 SU fans will show up without tix looking to buy? I hope so.

You think about 2500 SU fans will show up without tix looking to buy? I hope so.

What was each schools allotment 2,500?

Couldn't they have bought them on the secondary market? 4k doesn't seem to be that big of a number, or am i way off?

What was each schools allotment 2,500?

Couldn't they have bought them on the secondary market? 4k doesn't seem to be that big of a number, or am i way off?

Some schools allotments were bigger than others so I don't know what ours was. But the average would have been about 1300. Maybe we got a little more? I know our demand was light. SU was still trying to sell them just a couple weeks ago. We either sent some back or finally sold our allotment at the last minute. I know a lot if people that always went to the BET. I think I know 3 who are going to the ACCT. I hope we have 4k, but have my doubts. We'll see. Maybe I'll be surprised.

Probaly around 4000. The arena holds 23000. Expect a lot of red and blue
The arena holds 23.000 but if my memory serves me, only Duke and UNC games sell out in this tourney. I didn't say Duke vs UNC, just their games in general. I'm thinking a lot of empty seats.

The Wolfies will all be there. You'll recognize them as the people looking over their shoulder and around corners for Swofford.

prob not 2500... but there are definitely more than 1500. Not every purchased through SU.

Also to everyone else... there are going to be a lot more Duke fans than NC State fans. So unless Duke decides to root exclusively for NC State, its not like its going to be an away game.

prob not 2500... but there are definitely more than 1500. Not every purchased through SU.

Also to everyone else... there are going to be a lot more Duke fans than NC State fans. So unless Duke decides to root exclusively for NC State, its not like its going to be an away game.

The 1500 number is what I estimate we sold. I know there will be walk ups and those who bought thru the secondary market instead of SU. It's that number that is unknown. The BET we'd sell our allotment almost immediately. Request more from schools that didn't sell all of theirs, then still have 1,000's buy on the secondary market or go without tix and scalp. Not going to be the same scenario. So it's tough to get a handle on the number of buyers not going through SU.

What can we expect tomorrow? NC State should have the crowd on their side, but can we expect a large, loud SU contingent?

We've had an excellent turnout for almost every away game; I see no reason for the ACC Tournament to be any different. Lots of SU fans in NC- there was a ton of Orange at Wake this year and at NC State in December 2011.

I thought someone said it was a home game.

We got a large initial allotment, but the seating areas kind of suck. I hope the ACC rotates the seating areas every season. I find it mildly amusing that Maryland and Georgia Tech have an entire side of the arena and neither of them remain in the tourney.

other interesting thing is the su and ncst tickets are on the same end of the arena.

http://www.news-record.com/blogs/sports_extra/article_c6bf484a-98d7-11e3-975e-001a4bcf6878.html

Man what is the deal with misspelling "Virginia" ?
First UVA did it to themselves with the "Orange Out" thing, now the ACC did it with the seating chart.

I've lived down here in NC since 1997, and each time a hurricane threatens us, the governor comes on the TV and says "Buy beer and bread, therrs a hurr-A-kin on it's way!!!"

Stereotypes only exist because people live up to them.

When did Georgia Tech Lose?

That big white guy Miller grabbed a rebound and hit a 10 ft fade away swish right at the buzzer with McDaniels right in his face to force OT. Awesome shot but then Clemson put them away in OT.

That big white guy Miller grabbed a rebound and hit a 10 ft fade away swish right at the buzzer with McDaniels right in his face to force OT. Awesome shot but then Clemson put them away in OT.
They went away willingly with their sloppy play. Great play by Miller at the end of regulation, but he missed a HUGE dunk in OT that I think would have given Tech a 6 point lead with about 2:00 left. Then the offensive foul on the scrape-off play down 1 with :30. They look like a talented team that just goes on "reverse runs" - stretches where they can't do anything right.

As per the map below we were given one of the larger seating allotments in the ACC but due to the not so great seating location and fact that we were not playing until Friday really hurt our ability to sell out the full allotment of the upper level books. I think we will see a good crowd who bought off the secondary market because most people living in NC weren't interested in buying full books and having to waste the Thurs sessions when you could easily access Friday night only tickets via stubhub or even from local UNC friends who were selling their Friday night tickets. I along with some friends sold our Thurs night sessions to NC State fans, but they won't be getting tonight's obviously. The one advantage the state fans got that will help them with tonight's attendance is that they played last night and were able to scoop up some tickets from the losers last night.

http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs/m-baskbl/2014_acctourney_seatingchart.pdf

They went away willingly with their sloppy play. Great play by Miller at the end of regulation, but he missed a HUGE dunk in OT that I think would have given Tech a 6 point lead with about 2:00 left. Then the offensive foul on the scrape-off play down 1 with :30. They look like a talented team that just goes on "reverse runs" - stretches where they can't do anything right.

Yep. That missed dunk was big for sure. Sort of like Miami. You can see some talent. Swoope, Brown, Reed, and if only Baye had Jeriki's hands. The turnovers yesterday by Miami were unbelievable some of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom