SU v MU in Hoops ... December 2012 ... any truth to this | Syracusefan.com

SU v MU in Hoops ... December 2012 ... any truth to this

ksotto

Walk On
Posted on the PowerMizzou message board:

per Ernie Nestor, Syracuse will come to Columbia in basketball and football
Someone from the Springfield tiger club over on tigerboard said that Nestor said we'll be playing Syracuse at home for the Big East/SEC challenge in December. That would mean their football team comes to Columbia in November, followed by their basketball team in December. Pretty cool

OH HOW EXCITING WE'VE NEVER PLAYED MISSOURI BEFORE.

They're really going out of their way to avoid scheduling Syracuse and Kentucky huh?

we've played Mizzou more than once. We beat them in the NCAA tournament back in '89 or so.

Sarcasm meter?

1989 x 2

Off the top of my head.

For a second there I hoped that Mizzou at the Dome for hoops would complete a FB/BB series.

I believe the last time we played missou they had the son of the owner of the wallmart franchise coming off the bench.

Mizzou is one of the teams we beat in 2003 when we won the Big 12 championship. In order, we beat Mizzou, Okie State, OU, Texas and KU. Some of us have t-shirts commemorating our Big 12 championship season.

I hope this isnt true.

This match-up doesnt interest me. Beating Oriakhi one more time though wouldnt be bad.

If true, this should be a good matchup. Even though Mizzou loses a lot of it's scoring and experience from this past year, they return a solid duo in Pressey and Dixon, add Jabari Brown, a 2011 top recruit, transferring from Oregon and get Lawrence Bowers back. They also have a solid and deep recruiting class. I think they'll definitely be a top 20 team and this would be a great road test.

Sarcasm meter?

1989 x 2

Off the top of my head.

It's comforting for me to know that there are others with as nerdy of an SU encyclopedic memory out there as I have.

I'm sure Kentucky will enjoy their matchup with Rutgers.

Oh great. Another pre-conference home game for SU. Missouri is in Columbia. Columbia University is in New York. Therefore it's a home game for SU. Why doesn't SU ever leave New York before January???

'Cuse cannot leave NYC because of 6 degrees of separation...for example, take what Zibby said above: U of Missouri is in Columbia, Columbia is Univ in NYC, a player for Mizzou is Oriakhi, who comes from UCONN, in the BE, which is next door to NYC...ah ha...a HOME GAME...mean while KY wont play on someone else's court out of conference or tournament...but hey, that is okay cause they only have FROSH playing and they are BABIES!

I can't wait until we find out our big OOC games are Mizzou, Oklahoma St, and Florida

Don't forget getting Kansas State in this year's Poulan Weedeater DejaVu Bowl.

BTW, Danny Parkins must be enjoying this turn of events (Mizzou)

.mean while KY wont play on someone else's court out of conference or tournament.

You realize it was kentucky's turn to host this year, right? And they play Carolina and Louisville every year?

If we have to play a road game and we should cause we were at home last year Missouri isn't a bad choice to play. They are a successful program for the SEC, if we can't play Kentucky I would rather play Mizzou than Florida again. The only other SEC team than Kentucky or Mizzou I would want to play would be Vanderbilt and their crazy gym.

If we have to play a road game and we should cause we were at home last year Missouri isn't a bad choice to play. They are a successful program for the SEC, if we can't play Kentucky I would rather play Mizzou than Florida again. The only other SEC team than Kentucky or Mizzou I would want to play would be Vanderbilt and their crazy gym.

Yeah, my first instinct is to complain about playing Missouri, but they're a pretty good opponent compared to the other riff-raff in the SEC.

Kentucky's the only team that would be a good draw at the Dome (and perhaps it's true that homecourt has to rotate, in which case we can't play at the Dome and Kentucky can't play at Rupp, so we can't play each other).

We've played Florida way too much in the past decade, so that's not interesting. Vanderbilt would be really fun, though I doubt they'd draw as a Dome opponent (though, again, maybe we have to play on the road this year). And Missouri's a legitimate (read: not real SEC) team, though we have played them a lot since the turn of the century.

So I'll take it, even though it's way less attactive than what seems to be a no-brainer of a UK match-up. Beats going to Starkville or Tuscaloosa.