SU v.s SDSU on Midway Carrier to kick off season | Syracusefan.com

SU v.s SDSU on Midway Carrier to kick off season

I know it shouldn't make me this giddy, because it's obvious we are elite, but I still love seeing us referred to as "college basketball blue bloods."

That is awesome. Last year it was UNC vs Mich St. Why are we playing SDSU and not a bigger time name? Not that its a complaint, just an observation. If they want it to be a west coast team why not play UCLA or Arizona or Oregon, etc.

Edit: I read the article. Boeheim and SDSU coach are old friends. That makes sense why we would do this.

That is awesome. Last year it was UNC vs Mich St. Why are we playing SDSU and not a bigger time name? Not that its a complaint, just an observation. If they want it to be a west coast team why not play UCLA or Arizona or Oregon, etc.
Because as the article states, this isn't the Carrier Classic. This is something organized around SDSU in San Diego.

HAHAHAH

A different Big East school, Georgetown, was initially invited to play SDSU, but the Hoyas could not get out of a previous engagement over the same weekend. Instead, they got an even bigger name, and one that almost never plays on the West Coast.

I know it shouldn't make me this giddy, because it's obvious we are elite, but I still love seeing us referred to as "college basketball blue bloods."
In addition, while I know it's true, it is nice to read, "They originally had Georgetown, but then they got a bigger name.

midway-1185b.jpg

I'm not wild about the idea of playing a game that counts outside or on the deck of a carrier, but at least its an early season against a team that should be in or around the top 25.

Although it'll suck that we're playing them in their town and it's going to be called a neutral site game.

Someone will write that the Midway Carrier was at one point in the Atlantic, which means it was off of NY, so the team still hasn't left NY.

Reuniting with Tony Bland who's an assistant for SDSU. San Diego State has a very good program under Steve Fisher - good early season matchup.

Come on people, the obvious "not a road game" joke is that we will be playing on a carrier, and we play in the Carrier Dome.

Get it together, folks!

The Pacific Ocean is connected to Lake Ontario. It's a home game.

6 Time Space Shuttle Astronaut Story Musgrave is an SU Grad that was stationed on an air craft carrier when he was in the Marines. Home Game.

Edit: I read the article. Boeheim and SDSU coach are old friends. That makes sense why we would do this.

SDSU is probably better than anyone else out west... other than maybe New Mexico..