SU vs Carleton (Exhibition): Tues Oct 29 | Syracusefan.com

SU vs Carleton (Exhibition): Tues Oct 29

Anyone know who else is playing Carleton? They seem to take down at least 1 big name every year and play 3-4 D1 schools in late October.

Whens UVA Saturday November 2nd? Any update if thats home or away?

Anyone know who else is playing Carleton? They seem to take down at least 1 big name every year and play 3-4 D1 schools in late October.

The Virginia game to start the season is in the Dome.

And yep, I believe this year the Cuse-UVa series is home and away. I think it's home and away the following year as well, and then just a home game in 3 years.

15-1 against NCAA teams since the start of 2017. Including wins over Ole Miss, Cincy. Providence, Alabama, and 2X Vanderbilt.

tenor.gif

I know lots of Carleton students up here...I'll start my research today! Although I imagine most won't know they have a basketball team...hmmm.

If we win this one it says really, really positive things about the future. Gonna be a tough game for sure!

15-1 against NCAA teams since the start of 2017. Including wins over Ole Miss, Cincy. Providence, Alabama, and 2X Vanderbilt.
And decidedly. Some of those scores are ugly. Agree with all, this will be a huge test. Like a sweet sixteen caliber team preseason. I like it.

Hi, I am a Carleton Ravens season ticket holder from Ottawa. Looking forward to visiting the Dome again this fall to watch the Ravens play Syracuse. The Ravens have been a very good team the past two seasons but there are some questions for the coming season. Our long time coach, Dave Smart, has retired and our best player, Eddie Ekiyor, has left the team with two years of eligibility remaining to play in Europe. We will have a better idea about this year's team after we play 4 or 5 games in August against NCAA D1 schools. If you have any questions about the Ravens, I would be pleased to answer them.

Hi, I am a Carleton Ravens season ticket holder from Ottawa. Looking forward to visiting the Dome again this fall to watch the Ravens play Syracuse. The Ravens have been a very good team the past two seasons but there are some questions for the coming season. Our long time coach, Dave Smart, has retired and our best player, Eddie Ekiyor, has left the team with two years of eligibility remaining to play in Europe. We will have a better idea about this year's team after we play 4 or 5 games in August against NCAA D1 schools. If you have any questions about the Ravens, I would be pleased to answer them.
I have heard Carleton fans are unhappy with the Duke basketball program, which apparently will not schedule them, even when they go on a tour of Canada. True?

Who is Carleton’s favorite NCAA basketball team? When I went to the Carleton/SU game in Ottawa, it seems like a lot of the fans there were also Syracuse fans...

I have heard Carleton fans are unhappy with the Duke basketball program, which apparently will not schedule them, even when they go on a tour of Canada. True?

Who is Carleton’s favorite NCAA basketball team? When I went to the Carleton/SU game in Ottawa, it seems like a lot of the fans there were also Syracuse fans...

Extensive fan interest [probably due to relative proximity] in Ottawa toward Syracuse.

Pretty cool -- people actually approach you about it if they see you wearing SU gear.

Isn't the "Arrow" guy from Ottawa? That might explain his fan-dom.

Duke refused to entertain the idea of playing Carleton on their three game tour to Canada last August. It was a natural game to schedule - two storied programs in each country playing each other. It would have been good for university basketball in Canada. Ravens fans were very disappointed. Some of us now refer to Duke as the "Blue Chickens".

Fair to say that Syracuse is a favourite in Ottawa due to the proximity of the two cities. Fans have been going down to the Dome for games (basketball and football) for a long time.

Extensive fan interest [probably due to relative proximity] in Ottawa toward Syracuse.

Pretty cool -- people actually approach you about it if they see you wearing SU gear.

As an Ottawa resident, I never meet anybody that likes Syracuse (or seemingly college basketball)! I wear my hat about, I live downtown, and every time someone mentions it they're from Rochester or Ithaca (for some reason). :(

I play ball in Vanier and I wear a Syracuse hat and nobody asks about it! Jerks.

I just watched Carleton play their third and last game this month against NCAA D1 schools. Ravens beat South Florida by 9, lost to Valparaiso in OT by 3 and beat Albany by 13. These were not very good teams. The Ravens are not looking very promising for this coming season. They basically played these three games with 4 or 5 guards on the floor all of the game. You are going to crush us in October.

Does that happen often where players leave early to go to Europe?

Amell is from Toronto. Toronto loves Syracuse too.

Syracuse fans, please don't head butt him when he comes back for a game this season.

I just watched Carleton play their third and last game this month against NCAA D1 schools. Ravens beat South Florida by 9, lost to Valparaiso in OT by 3 and beat Albany by 13. These were not very good teams. The Ravens are not looking very promising for this coming season. They basically played these three games with 4 or 5 guards on the floor all of the game. You are going to crush us in October.

I wouldn't call South Florida a bad team.

They return their 3 leading scorers (each with 12+ [, and 5 of their 6 best players from last year.
They were #99 in KP, and won the CBI tournament last year.
They are a borderline NCAA tournament team this year.

I wouldn't call South Florida a bad team.

They return their 3 leading scorers (each with 12+ [, and 5 of their 6 best players from last year.
They were #99 in KP, and won the CBI tournament last year.
They are a borderline NCAA tournament team this year.
True. However, we have become accustomed to playing top 25 and/or top 50 teams. They don't seem to want to show up anymore. Regardless, you are still going to crush us in October.

True. However, we have become accustomed to playing top 25 and/or top 50 teams. They don't seem to want to show up anymore. Regardless, you are still going to crush us in October.
I for one am glad we are playing you this year. I consider it an unusually tough exhibition game and great preparation for the season. I hope your new coach proves as excellent as the one who just retired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom