SU vs Hopkins Game Thread (LAX) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

SU vs Hopkins Game Thread (LAX)

Really unbelievable that we won given the massive dispartiy at the X. Thought Lamo and the D played very well and the offense moved the ball well all day. They had a very hard time covering Ward and Donahue.

Daddio 3-16 (and one of those was a Hopkins violation)
Iacono 1-5
Wentworth 0-1
Macartney 0-3 (the abandon all hope plan).

Shaky potatoes.

daddio got beat like a drum later one, but early he was fine, and it's too bad the stats don't show that daddio won the draw a couple of times and his wings got beat on ground balls. and messina shouldn't see the field for the rest of the season for his embarrassing half @ssed attempt at a groundball where he did the one handed ole.

i was also perplexed on 2 of his violations. neither time did he even twitch in my opinion. starting the think a lot of procedure calls are crap.

Can't win a face off and can't clear.
Good thing that that JHU likes to cough up the ball.

SU will need to do a lot better next week to beat Duke.

daddio got beat like a drum later one, but early he was fine, and it's too bad the stats don't show that daddio won the draw a couple of times and his wings got beat on ground balls. and messina shouldn't see the field for the rest of the season for his embarrassing half @ssed attempt at a groundball where he did the one handed ole.

i was also perplexed on 2 of his violations. neither time did he even twitch in my opinion. starting the think a lot of procedure calls are crap.

Problem is the ref puts the ball down, and delays the whistle too long. Someone always jumps. That's what killed us vs Maryland.

I thought it was very positive, Homewood is a tough place to play on the Road everyone here knows the rivalry! Its a gage where we are game for SU every year, I remember when Brooksy won it in Over time in 2007, it gave us belief to win the NC! I remember Jovi scoring and playing first line that day! We had some of the same problems at the x and clearing but we have cleaned it up a little! The coaching staff are very clever and are tweaking the team, Harris has made a difference down low and was shocked to be honest he didnt start the season there as a sr leader! The emergence of Scott Firman has been great to watch at pole he isn't scared to take a chance and get the ball on the carpet, although he is very steady in all other aspects! Again we have so much firepower and it's different people each week, the 2nd line is very strong Billy Ward was great yesterday he is shooting is very well, Weston is a water bug and gain he finished very well in the 4th! It was an important goal! Galasso is dangerous if he hits it in may watch out! Dylan maltz weighed in with a nice inside roll and has obviously worked his way into the team in certain situations. With Evans and Randy to come back we have so Much depth I'd rather them not play for a while so they are even more difficult to scout. If we can learn to get more possessions not many teams will be able to handle us!

Great win for SU. The same story again as we get dominated on face-offs. Why doesn't Desko give Demarco a chance? And what's the status of Cal Paduda? Plus, what's the deal with Ryan Palasek. Why doesn't he get much PT? So many questions...

We have two solid starters on D ... Mullins and Young. Desko has tried Tait, McDermott, and Palasek in that 3rd spot, but it looks like things are working out with Harris back there, and using both Macartney and Firman at LSM.

Paduda had been hurt, and Demarco is a mystery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom