Such an odd game | Syracusefan.com

Such an odd game

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
Did FSt not get the memo that they should make all their 3pt attempts in the first 5 mins of the game against Syracuse?

FSt did not have a player at the FT line for extended periods of the game - not sure I've seen that before; and their offense sucked when no one was there.

Weird seeing FSt out there without one or two 7 footers - then they bought in 7'4" MacLeod so the moon did continue to revolve around the earth at that moment. He was very effective but I can also see where he would not be against Jessie in MTM.

FSt rolls the ball up the court on every possession; why?

Bell wearing #52

Small crowd, especially in the good seats - I guess not winning does matter.

Something that was not odd, Jessie getting a phantom foul at 9:39 of the second half.

I always assume that teams roll the ball up the court to maintain the full shot clock against the zone. It takes time to shift the zone to get an open look (when the zone is working well).

One thing that surprised me was MacLeod dunked with some authority, which I guess I don't always expect from someone that tall. Maybe that's just me, at 6 feet tall always thinking, "man, if I were that tall I'd be dunking on everyone" (of course my lack of athleticism would still be an issue)

I always assume that teams roll the ball up the court to maintain the full shot clock against the zone. It takes time to shift the zone to get an open look (when the zone is working well).

One thing that surprised me was MacLeod dunked with some authority, which I guess I don't always expect from someone that tall. Maybe that's just me, at 6 feet tall always thinking, "man, if I were that tall I'd be dunking on everyone" (of course my lack of athleticism would still be an issue)
Yup. Shot clock doesn’t start with the roll.

Leonard Hamilton made our 70 something look like James Naismith. Worst coached game I have seen in a while.

I'm guessing in 2 years the McLeod kid is everything that our Jesse currently is not.

Yesterday is a perfect example of where the zone can protect a big seven footer. Put the big guy in ball screens and they can’t guard.

Did FSt not get the memo that they should make all their 3pt attempts in the first 5 mins of the game against Syracuse?

FSt did not have a player at the FT line for extended periods of the game - not sure I've seen that before; and their offense sucked when no one was there.

Weird seeing FSt out there without one or two 7 footers - then they bought in 7'4" MacLeod so the moon did continue to revolve around the earth at that moment. He was very effective but I can also see where he would not be against Jessie in MTM.

FSt rolls the ball up the court on every possession; why?

Bell wearing #52

Small crowd, especially in the good seats - I guess not winning does matter.

Something that was not odd, Jessie getting a phantom foul at 9:39 of the second half.
I thought Matthew Cleveland could have hurt us there, and thought they'd have him there all night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom