Summer 2015 Transfer Market | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Summer 2015 Transfer Market

Why is Rodgers sitting Sakho? Is this your version of the De Gea situation? Or is he just not one of your top XI.
Apparently not top XI as Lovren took his spot... honestly based on the end of last season Sakho was the clear leader over Lovren and I think the vast majority of Liverpool fans would agree. But it looks like Lovren won the job over Sakho this preseason. Given that they have yet to ship a goal and there haven't been too many clown car like incidents I'll have to give Rogers the benefit of the doubt on this one. Liverpool turned down a loan of Sakho to I think Juventus so obviously he is a part of the traveling squad and would be first man up when there is a suspension or injury to one of the starters. I think he also gets time in the UEFA Cup, FA Cup, etc...

He was better than Lovren but he wasn't so much better that he was guaranteed a spot coming in.

Yeah I saw It too I just think its stupid. There better be a clause that makes him really easy to bring back mid season if/when someone gets hurt. This better mean they are planning on playing Teixera more or I don't get it in the slightest.

I'm not so shook up over Markovic, although I do agree that he looked better than Ibe has this year. But the kid needs playing time and not off the bench. He hasn't even made the traveling squad this year. Keep in mind we could probably also play Origi or Ings at that right wing / right channel forward position and Sturridge also likes to ghost in from the wings as well. So I'm not too worried about depth there. When Sturridge comes back Liverpool are going with a 4 2 1 3 with Hendo/Milner and then Coutinho, and then Firmino/Benteke/Sturridge with Ings/Lallana/Origi all waiting for their time. Markovic is competing with the front three and not the middle three. The middle three depth will be Rossiter, Can, Lucas. If Coutinho is out Lallana or Firmino will deputize with someone from the bench playing up front. Again I don't see Markovic getting time here.

Having typed all that out, I love the depth on this team. Great job by Rogers in putting the team together... they are solid. My big concern is that they rely way too much in Coutinho magic to drive their offense for my comfort. He's good but he hasn't gotten to that Iniesta/Pirlo/Xavi class of players whom you can build your entire offense around yet. Granted not many players have but Liverpool seems to be counting on him to be that type of guy.

Apparently not top XI as Lovren took his spot... honestly based on the end of last season Sakho was the clear leader over Lovren and I think the vast majority of Liverpool fans would agree. But it looks like Lovren won the job over Sakho this preseason. Given that they have yet to ship a goal and there haven't been too many clown car like incidents I'll have to give Rogers the benefit of the doubt on this one. Liverpool turned down a loan of Sakho to I think Juventus so obviously he is a part of the traveling squad and would be first man up when there is a suspension or injury to one of the starters. I think he also gets time in the UEFA Cup, FA Cup, etc...

He was better than Lovren but he wasn't so much better that he was guaranteed a spot coming in.

Lovren sucked in the back 3 that Liverpool played last year, but in a back 4 (both for Southampton and in Liverpool's first 3 games this year) he's been really good. Sakho's wife also had a baby the right around the first game of the year, so that is one reason he wasn't on the bench. Bottom line you need more than two good center backs, Sakho will get his chances.

I'm not so shook up over Markovic, although I do agree that he looked better than Ibe has this year. But the kid needs playing time and not off the bench. He hasn't even made the traveling squad this year. Keep in mind we could probably also play Origi or Ings at that right wing / right channel forward position and Sturridge also likes to ghost in from the wings as well. So I'm not too worried about depth there. When Sturridge comes back Liverpool are going with a 4 2 1 3 with Hendo/Milner and then Coutinho, and then Firmino/Benteke/Sturridge with Ings/Lallana/Origi all waiting for their time. Markovic is competing with the front three and not the middle three. The middle three depth will be Rossiter, Can, Lucas. If Coutinho is out Lallana or Firmino will deputize with someone from the bench playing up front. Again I don't see Markovic getting time here.

Having typed all that out, I love the depth on this team. Great job by Rogers in putting the team together... they are solid. My big concern is that they rely way too much in Coutinho magic to drive their offense for my comfort. He's good but he hasn't gotten to that Iniesta/Pirlo/Xavi class of players whom you can build your entire offense around yet. Granted not many players have but Liverpool seems to be counting on him to be that type of guy.
Just to add to this it looks like Rogers is using Moreno as a wingback to kill off games, so Markovic is also competing with Moreno for time.

Just to add to this it looks like Rogers is using Moreno at a wingback to kill off games, so Markovic is also competing with Moreno for time.

Markovic shouldve never been played at wing back to begin with. He should however be given a proper run In the front 3 along with Ings and Origi. If we make it anywhere in europa and/or domestic cups were looking at over 60 games on the schedule.

Group A
Ajax Celtic
Fenerbahce Molde
Group B
Rubin Kazan Liverpool
Bordeaux FC Sion
Group C
Borussia Dortmund PAOK
Krasnodar Qabala
Group D
Napoli Club Brugge
Legia Warsaw FC Midtjylland
Group E
Villarreal Viktoria Plzen
Rapid Vienna Dinamo Minsk
Group F
Marseille Braga
Slovan Liberec FC Groningen
Group G
Dnipro Lazio
St Etienne Rosenborg
Group H
Sporting Lisbon Besiktas
Lokomotiv Moscow Skenderbeu Korce
Group I
FC Basel Fiorentina
Lech Poznan Belenenses
Group J
Tottenham Hotspur Anderlecht
AS Monaco Qarabag
Group K
Schalke APOEL Nicosia
Sparta Prague Asteras Tripolis
Group L
Athletic Bilbao AZ Alkmaar
FC Augsburg Partizan Belgrade

Group A
Ajax Celtic
Fenerbahce Molde
Group B
Rubin Kazan Liverpool
Bordeaux FC Sion
Group C
Borussia Dortmund PAOK
Krasnodar Qabala
Group D
Napoli Club Brugge
Group E
Group F
Marseille Braga
Group G
Dnipro Lazio
St Etienne Rosenborg
Group H
Sporting Lisbon Besiktas
Group I
FC Basel Fiorentina
Lech Poznan Belenenses
Group J
AS Monaco Qarabag
Group K
Schalke APOEL Nicosia
Group L
A B J are tough.

Group A
Ajax Celtic
Fenerbahce Molde
Group B
Rubin Kazan Liverpool
Bordeaux FC Sion
Group C
Borussia Dortmund PAOK
Krasnodar Qabala
Group D
Napoli Club Brugge
Group E
Group F
Marseille Braga
Group G
Dnipro Lazio
St Etienne Rosenborg
Group H
Sporting Lisbon Besiktas
Group I
FC Basel Fiorentina
Lech Poznan Belenenses
Group J
AS Monaco Qarabag
Group K
Schalke APOEL Nicosia
Group L
How does the uefa cup work? Is it a round robin group stage first and then they do two legs? I though they got rid of the group stages and it was all two-legs but I guess not.

Liverpool should get out of the group stage if they want to... I'm however not sure if they want to or not.

How does the uefa cup work? Is it a round robin group stage first and then they do two legs? I though they got rid of the group stages and it was all two-legs but I guess not.

Liverpool should get out of the group stage if they want to... I'm however not sure if they want to or not.
Top 2 in each group advance 24 teams and then 3rd place teams in each Champions league group advance to the round of 32.
From rd. 32 onward the ties are played home/home with away goal rule.
Whomever wins the Europa League gets an autobid into the following years CL.

You want to win Europa League now with the autobid to CL. Liverpool in their group should be able to lock up a top 2 early and then play more of a rotational squad at the end of the group stage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom