Summer Workouts | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

Based upon that one single picture which means nothing, defensively on the back line, Brown is the 4, Carey the 5 and Taylor the 3.

Who is in the back with their leg in a cast? Looks too small to be new txfr..

Based upon that one single picture which means nothing, defensively on the back line, Brown is the 4, Carey the 5 and Taylor the 3.
Based on that same picture, Brown is terrible on defense. "PUT YOUR HANDS UP!"

Anyone know off the top of their head which of these guys have longer than usual reach? Seems like JT is a 2/3, but does he have the burst, reach, athleticism to really be on the back line and cover all the ground that JB wants covered? And I'm just using JT as a 'for instance'. I really like him and think he'll get PT this year.

I guess my real question is: assuming at least a few of these frosh pick up the D, do they truly have the physical tools, especially the guys on the back line?

No one going to ask who’s playing the pj tucker role in the corner? That’s an equipment guy or something, right?

Img coach who had Taylor and Copeland and Benny before that.

1654106933775.jpeg

Joe looks in great shape. Excited to see pics with Judah out there when he gets there.

Also I'm very intrigued with what we see from Symir. He seemed to have his confidence and MOJO rolling end of last year.

Ditto.

Just rewatched the FSU ACCT game a few days ago, and Symir was really, really good. Scored in transition, had some outstanding passes off of penetration, got into the lane and hit turnaround jumpers, etc. Showed a confident handle and got to the spots on the floor where he wanted to go.

He was outstanding in the last two games, against FSU and Duke.

1654110354232.png

16 points and 20 assists in two games. Didn't shoot well against Duke, acknowledged.

I -- like many -- am VERY excited about Judah Mintz, and what he'll bring to the table. But it's interesting that nobody is talking about Symir. Would not be surprised at all if he starts. He's experienced, and that late stretch of performances is something to build on heading into the off-season.

And while I'm hoping that Joe has a big senior season, I am actually more excited to see what Symir / Mintz might do playing together on BOTH ends.

True lead guards are worth their weight in gold. Wouldn't remotely be surprised to see Symir have a big two years playing for his hometown team.

Ditto.

Just rewatched the FSU ACCT game a few days ago, and Symir was really, really good. Scored in transition, had some outstanding passes off of penetration, got into the lane and hit turnaround jumpers, etc. Showed a confident handle and got to the spots on the floor where he wanted to go.

View attachment 217501

16 points and 20 assists in two games. Didn't shoot well against Duke, acknowledged.

I -- like many -- am VERY excited about Judah Mintz, and what he'll bring to the table. But it's interesting that nobody is talking about Symir. Would not be surprised at all if he starts. He's experienced, and that late stretch of performances is something to build on heading into the off-season.

And while I'm hoping that Joe has a big senior season, I am actually more excited to see what Symir / Mintz might do playing together on BOTH ends.

True lead guards are worth their weight in gold. Wouldn't remotely be surprised to see Symir have a big two years playing for his hometown team.

Yep. It's a shame we aren't a mtm team because the 3 guard lineup could be pretty effective i think. Symir is physical and rebounds well especially later in the year. Also 3g lineups can be effective with a legit 7 footer in there too. So you aren't going small ball really. Just isn't an option in zone.

Yep. It's a shame we aren't a mtm team because the 3 guard lineup could be pretty effective i think. Symir is physical and rebounds well especially later in the year. Also 3g lineups can be effective with a legit 7 footer in there too. So you aren't going small ball really. Just isn't an option in zone.

INTERESTINGLY, during the FSU game I referenced, Symir played for a few minutes on the BACK LINE of the zone.

Wouldn't recommend that, obviously [and no doubt it was due to injuries / lack of depth at forward], but...

Ditto.

View attachment 217501

I’m not gonna be surprised at all to see Sy start.

I’m not gonna be surprised at all to see Sy start.

You said before “I don’t think anyone was promised a starting spot except maybe Mintz”

Sounds like you got all sides covered.

You said before “I don’t think anyone was promised a starting spot except maybe Mintz”

Sounds like you got all sides covered.

“Maybe”

What’s your guess?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors