Sunday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Sunday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
image.jpg

How much longer do you think Jim Boeheim will be Syracuse’s basketball coach?

Mixed Juice: Was the 2011-12 Syracuse basketball season a success?

A Mix Tape With Dunks From DC II, Noel & Grant

Voice of the Syracuse fan — On Nerlens Noel & DaJuan Coleman
Recruiting

FLI010511CarmanGrandBlanc_02.jpg

Denzell Watts, junior, Flint Carman-Ainsworth: Denzell Watts can play. All year long, Watts played with a chip on his shoulder. He felt a bit unappreciated so he went out every night to prove the haters wrong. Watts scored 20 points, six assists and six rebounds per game while leading the Cavs to a 14-8 overall record. He was named to The Associated Press’Class A All-State First-Team for his efforts.

“I’ve just always been an underrated player,” Watts told The Flint Journal in March. “People talk about others more than me and when you go to rankings, they’re ranked higher than me and I just don’t feel that I’m where I need to be.”
ML

2015 PG Isaiah Briscoe plays with the poise of a senior in college rather than the freshman in high school that he is. Young man is wise beyond his years
PLAYAZ SPRING FLING REPORT — PART I

NJ Playaz combo guard Isaiah Briscoe (2015) looks better off the ball to me. He’s great getting into the lane and finishing but can be ball dominant and dribble happy when he’s at the point…

Isaiah Briscoe (NJ Playaz 2015) – While still in the infancy of the recruiting process, Briscoe already has a very impressive list of offers. Arizona, Seton Hall, Baylor, Pittsburgh, Miami, DePaul, Cincinnati, Rutgers, and Syracuse have all offered the combo guard. Rumors have circulated that Syracuse is an early leader for his services because he’s been seen on campus a number of times but Briscoe dispelled those rumors explaining that he’s just been visiting his sister, a current student for the Orange
NBE

Another good looking PG emerging in NYC

0_risqbwj7

A reclassified Nerlens Noel leaves Goodluck Okonoboh (pictured) to fill the void in the middle for BABC

Goodluck Okonoboh’s already a ranked player who’s being recruited by a bevy of high-major programs. But, playing alongside Nerlens Noel with BABC and The Tilton School caused him to be overshadowed on the national scene. Okonoboh is a high-character player who happens to be an excellent team defender and is more skilled offensively than he has shown on a regular basis during the prep season. With the responsibility of manning the middle for BABC without human eraser Noel, Okonoboh will have the opportunity to shine on the Nike EYBL summer circuit. Playing alongside talented combo-guard Wayne Selden and steady-but-efficient
WBE

Noel & Muhammad not enough as the World Team downs the USA

Noel to decide this Wednesday

Recruiting rundown: Kentucky's repeat hinges 2012's top two recruits

Nerlens Noel Blog... - CBSSports.com Message Boards

Final Mr. Basketball USA Tracker

Goodwin: With 'Bazz & Nerlens, UK Could Win Again | ZagsBlog.com

ESPN Insider
Where does Nerlens Noel fit best?

Noel Video

Former Players

CENTER STARVED: Amid the Heat's switch from Joel Anthony to Ronny Turiaf and essential move toward going without a center for extended stretches, it is clear than any and all options will be considered going forward. Two possibilities were in the news this week. First came word of Fab Melo leaving Syracuse and entering his name in the NBA Draft pool. Melo, the product of Weston's Sagemont Academy, is projected to slot in somewhere near the end of the first round, which happens to be where the Heat would be selecting. Too raw for the Heat's immediate needs? Absolutely. But when the competition is Anthony, Turiaf, Dexter Pittman and Eddy Curry, the upside may be significant enough. Then there is the option of looking toward the injured list, namely Greg Oden. In an interview with Comcast Sports, agent Mike Conley Sr., the father of the Memphis Grizzlies point guard, said even after five knee procedures, Oden, 24 (!) still is anticipating an NBA return. "He's not retiring," Conley told the network's web outlet. "The only way that would happen is if he was forced to and I don't see that happening." At any other position, the rawness of Melo, the brittleness of Oden might be too much to risk. At center, gambles are part of the process.
Sac Bee

Letter supporting Fab, not!

Devo knocks down 21

Around The Nation

The latest from the coaching carousel

Blogs

Nerlens Noel To Make "A Hard Decision Y’all"

4 Reasons Why Nerlens Noel Would Be Better off at Syracuse Than ...

5 Things We Learned from the 2012 Nike Hoop Summit

Hate Kentucky’s Title? Beware, Nerlens Noel Would Be the Same for Syracuse

Nerlens Noel & The Syracuse Fan Dilemma (That's Not Really A Dilemma)

4 Reasons Why Nerlens Noel Would Be Better off at Syracuse Than Kentucky

College Basketball Recruiting: A Kentucky Fan Offered Nerlens Noel His Wife

SU's class #13

Happy holiday Orangeyes...pleased to have you posting articles again...!

Hooray, OE. I hope your trigger finger remains healthy. I can now get back to life as usual--reading your daily fare as I consume my lunch.

Goodluck really wants come here, doesn't he?