R.I.P Dan
9194763-large.jpg

Uphill climb: Syracuse's three freshman face steep learning curve

Time For A Real Syracuse Basketball Preview

Recruiting

Isaiah Whitehead had 10 in Sharette Dixon Classic

Former Player

10173122-large.jpg

As Derek Fisher, center, president of the NBA players union, speaks during a news conference, former Syracuse player Etan Thomas and Billy Hunter, Chris Paul, Maurice Evans, Roger Mason Jr. and James Jones listen after NBA labor talks ended Thursday in New York.
NBA lockout questions and answers: Is an 82-game season still ...

Around The Big East

John Thompson III Opens Up at Georgetown's Open Practice

Ready for the attention

Big East keeps messing with a real good thing

University News

Is Syracuse University sliding or surging?

Around Town

Carousel hits 21 years with consumers' help

arbitragegls

All Conference
...Time or a Real...is a very good article...seems to mesh with Blue Book analysis...can Scoop keep from making a stretch of dumb plays, can Triche knock down some threes...etc

newmexicuse

All Conference
9194763-large.jpg

Uphill climb: Syracuse's three freshman face steep learning curve

Time For A Real Syracuse Basketball Preview

Recruiting

Isaiah Whitehead had 10 in Sharette Dixon Classic

Former Player

10173122-large.jpg

As Derek Fisher, center, president of the NBA players union, speaks during a news conference, former Syracuse player Etan Thomas and Billy Hunter, Chris Paul, Maurice Evans, Roger Mason Jr. and James Jones listen after NBA labor talks ended Thursday in New York.
NBA lockout questions and answers: Is an 82-game season still ...

Around The Big East

John Thompson III Opens Up at Georgetown's Open Practice

Ready for the attention

University News

Is Syracuse University sliding or surging?

Around Town

Carousel hits 21 years with consumers' help

Preview writer did an overall solid job, but got a few things wrong IMHO.

1. Too much dependency on Cooney. I love Trevor's game, but I think ala Andy it will be a process of gradual improvement & he becomes a force as a junior. Maybe, he even shirts this season. Saving a year would be better than a few scrub minutes as 5th guard.

2. Not enough about Dion. Dion is a high reward/high risk type of player. I think Dion has to be high reward if we are to go deep into the dance.

3. I see CJ starting. If the rumored improvement in regards to his J are accurate, you will not be able to keep this kid off the court.

4. Shooters - the writer says we need Trevor, I think we have several solid three point shooters amongst the other players. However, one of them will have to step up and really be the long range gunner guy. Scoop, Kris, Brandon, MCW, Dion ? I don't know who, but one of them will need to rise.

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
I think Triche will be out top 3 point shooter this season

SoBristol

All Conference
Outside shooting will be by committee -- we have several good shooters, but no one main guy unless Triche has found something over the summer. But shooting is not a big question for this team. We will be fine on the offensive end if we get any inside scoring.
I expect the coaches are more concerned about this team's defense. Can we get out on shooters? Can we force turnovers? Can Melo figure out how to guard someone without fouling? Will Christmas play enough defense to balance his lack of an offensive game other than dunks? Can this team press if it has to?