super basic projections | Syracusefan.com

super basic projections

Millhouse

Living Legend
if simple rating system at the moment is correct and if the team with the better SRS wins the rest of the way, we end up 20-11 (11-7) and go 7-6 the rest of the way

SRS > Miami, BC x2, Pitt, FSU, Wake, Clemson
SRS < VT, NC State, Lou, Duke, UNC, UVA

I would take 7-6 but if i was to bet it I would say we 5-2 against the top line and 2-4 against the bottom line.

U would rather go 4-3 and 3-3 though for the sake of the resume.

if simple rating system at the moment is correct and if the team with the better SRS wins the rest of the way, we end up 20-11 (11-7) and go 7-6 the rest of the way

SRS > Miami, BC x2, Pitt, FSU, Wake, Clemson
SRS < VT, NC State, Lou, Duke, UNC, UVA
11-7 from where we're at now is exactly what I came up with. a lot of those top-tier teams a lot of those teams have our number and have had our number for years. Louisville I think we can beat and NC state i think we can beat ,Virginia I don't see it amd Duke will be very difficult if they have their full team back.

Winning @ Pitt and @ BC will not be easy. Also, Wake has an underrated home court advantage.

11-7 from where we're at now is exactly what I came up with. a lot of those top-tier teams a lot of those teams have our number and have had our number for years. Louisville I think we can beat and NC state i think we can beat ,Virginia I don't see it amd Duke will be very difficult if they have their full team back.
Imagine beating a heavily loaded Duke twice this season. It would be epoch and it’s feasible though unlikely. This site would go down from activity so fast. Wonder what point spread would be next time? 12 maybe

Imagine beating a heavily loaded Duke twice this season. It would be epoch and it’s feasible though unlikely. This site would go down from activity so fast. Wonder what point spread would be next time? 12 maybe

5-7 points at home.

yeah that would be quite the accomplishment and we already got the hardest part out of the way, I thought we could never beat Duke at their place that is very difficult to do and the couple times we have beat them is at home in front of 35,000. it could definitely happen cuz who knows all those freshmen playing in front of all those people in a venue like that could get rattled

I think we lose @ BC. Expect that to be a game BC shoots lights out and get a potential 30 burger from Bowman. That dude is legit. He's also averaging 8 boards at 6'1"!

yeah that would be quite the accomplishment and we already got the hardest part out of the way, I thought we could never beat Duke at their place that is very difficult to do and the couple times we have beat them is at home in front of 35,000. it could definitely happen cuz who knows all those freshmen playing in front of all those people in a venue like that could get rattled

We beat Duke at their place in 2016.

If we go 11-7 we are a 6-7 seed in the tournament.
Road wins, road wins, road wins. If we can pull the (slight) upset Saturday in Blacksburg, we are in very good shape. Also would help if Ohio State to get back to winning games. They've lost 4 straight.

Last edited:
Road wins, road wins, road wins. If we can pull the (slight) upset Thursday in Blacksburg, we are in very good shape. Also would help if Ohio State to get back to winning games. They've lost 4 straight.

VaTech game is Saturday. Miami is the Thursday game.

Winning @ Pitt and @ BC will not be easy. Also, Wake has an underrated home court advantage.
yeah, i agree - i was quick and dirty just looking at SRS - not sure if there are offsetting home games where we might have a worse SRS (louisville? perhaps). but we have a little wiggle room. i am much more encouraged than i was a couple weeks ago

So would the entire board if they had any common sense! That's the absolute ceiling imo, barring a wild ACC tourney run like Gmac had in 06.

With that said I'd rather be an 11 seed as opposed to a 7,8,9 or 10. But beggers can't be choosers, just get in. We've had some success from all spots pretty much.

So would the entire board if they had any common sense! That's the absolute ceiling imo, barring a wild ACC tourney run like Gmac had in 06.
Ceiling? A six seed is just top 24 (6x4). We're a few spots out of that now in the polls, with excellent road scalps already (so would probably fare about there in the NCAAT eyes right now).

The team is getting back on track. If FH can continue to recover and the rest of the team continues to evolve - mainly Eli, PC, Sid, and a little bit of Buddy (I think after he experienced the Duke stress his game has notched up). The Eli/OB/Battle combo is extremely talented, and put with a 10-14ppg FH you've got a dangerous team - we've already seen it. And there is plenty of opportunity to use it to move up. No, this team could make a run for a top 4 seed.

Ceiling? A six seed is just top 24 (6x4). We're a few spots out of that now in the polls, with excellent road scalps already (so would probably fare about there in the NCAAT eyes right now).

The team is getting back on track. If FH can continue to recover and the rest of the team continues to evolve - mainly Eli, PC, Sid, and a little bit of Buddy (I think after he experienced the Duke stress his game has notched up). The Eli/OB/Battle combo is extremely talented, and put with a 10-14ppg FH you've got a dangerous team - we've already seen it. And there is plenty of opportunity to use it to move up. No, this team could make a run for a top 4 seed.
Hence why I said imo. It’s more likely we miss the tournament than we get a top 4 seed, again imo. We’re actually 32 in the polls, so 8 places away from that top 24 you mention (using same logic, that’s 2 seeds per region). Regardless, it’s fluid as we know and practically irrelevant at the moment.

That’s why they play the games, though. Plenty of opportunity to improve. All I am saying is if in some make believe world someone could guarantee su gets a sixth seed right now, I would take it without a second thought one bit. I’ve seen this team enough the last couple of years to justify that.

Take care of these upcoming 3 games and February should be relatively stress free. Lot of fun games coming up

Hence why I said imo. It’s more likely we miss the tournament than we get a top 4 seed, again imo. We’re actually 32 in the polls, so 8 places away from that top 24 you mention (using same logic, that’s 2 seeds per region). Regardless, it’s fluid as we know and practically irrelevant at the moment.

That’s why they play the games, though. Plenty of opportunity to improve. All I am saying is if in some make believe world someone could guarantee su gets a sixth seed right now, I would take it without a second thought one bit. I’ve seen this team enough the last couple of years to justify that.
Well you did say the entire board, if they had common sense, would take a 6 seed. Well, since I wouldn't cash in for a 6 seed right now, so yeah...

Technically, SU may be 32ish in the polls, but IMO, that's just one data point to look at, especially now. Records aside, the core of Eli, OB, and Battle is talented. If Frank doesn't do it, JB is looking at Buddy as a possibility for the remaining 10-14 point missing piece. And seems like 15 fouls in the middle with options there to play vs the other teams matchup. The team is coming on!

once you get past the top 10 you have a lot of talented teams that play a bunch of stupid ball which is why they lose to teams that they never should lose too.

just stop the 4-5 times a game we dribble off our foot and make 30% of our layups we are 7-10 pts better on offense and we can play with anyone..

I agree. Interestingly, I think our easiest game of those 3 on the road is at Wake. Not to mention, if it's anything like the football game I attended there in November, the place will be half Orange! :)

I think we lose @ BC. Expect that to be a game BC shoots lights out and get a potential 30 burger from Bowman. That dude is legit. He's also averaging 8 boards at 6'1"!
Thought he had been playing football too maybe just HS but that's gotta help him even just mentally being tough.

There’s more of a chance that you pay off my mortgage than we get a 4 seed this year.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom