Super Bowl | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl

Marsh01

Living Legend
I’m calling it: Carolina will absolutely blow Denver’s doors off. Super Bowl 50 has the same look and feel of Super Bowl 48, where Seattle beat Denver 43-8 and led 22-0 at halftime. Remember that was the game where it was over on the very first play. Snap over Peyton’s head, safety Seattle, big return on the free kick and 9-0 just like that.

I would load up the Brinks truck to give the 4 ½ points with Carolina. I think the Panthers would cover if the line was 14 ½.

I don’t care what the media says, holding out hope for a storybook ending, Peyton is totally washed up. He missed so many throws yesterday and threw a bunch of floaters and ducks. The Pats blew that game by Beli-cheat twice refusing to kick a field goal so they got no points on 2 straight red zone trips.

As for that vaunted Denver pass rush it won’t work nearly as well against Carolina. Their offensive line is great and Cam is a monster. But Denver’s biggest problem will be scoring.

I could envision a final score of Carolina 38-11.

Carolina played a weak schedule , playing only 1 playoff team all season , and that was Green Bay , who wasn't really strong this year. Both teams they played in the playoffs self destructed. Got to go with Peyton .

Carolina played a weak schedule , playing only 1 playoff team all season , and that was Green Bay , who wasn't really strong this year. Both teams they played in the playoffs self destructed. Got to go with Peyton .

Its not about self destructing. Its about jumping on them early which they have in both games. Cam is the real deal and that offensive line is ridiculously talented. Their defense is also underrated and Manning is a complete mess. Literally a shell of himself. They also will need to run the ball and I dont see them doing that.

I am going to be rooting for Denver but I dont think they have a prayer

Its not about self destructing. Its about jumping on them early which they have in both games. Cam is the real deal and that offensive line is ridiculously talented. Their defense is also underrated and Manning is a complete mess. Literally a shell of himself. They also will need to run the ball and I dont see them doing that.

I am going to be rooting for Denver but I dont think they have a prayer
Seatle should have lost to Minny and Arixona did everything they could to lose to Green Bay. Denver slayed a Dragon. 2 , if you count Pittsburg.

Seatle should have lost to Minny and Arixona did everything they could to lose to Green Bay. Denver slayed a Dragon. 2 , if you count Pittsburg.

Pitt was a Fitzgerald Toussant fumble away from salting that divisional game away at Denver and Pats blew the AFC title game by passing up the 2 FGs and missing a PAT to boot. Plus a lot of Denver’s D prowess at home was fueled by that crowd noise. Won’t be a factor in Santa Clara.

Seems like a mismatch to me. I think Manning has zero chance in this one. I see that defense crushing him.

The spread is soooo low, I thought it would be at least 6 points. All the money is going to be on Carolina. If Denvers defense pulls this off they deserve all the credit.

Seems like a mismatch to me. I think Manning has zero chance in this one. I see that defense crushing him.

The spread is soooo low, I thought it would be at least 6 points. All the money is going to be on Carolina. If Denvers defense pulls this off they deserve all the credit.

If Von Miller plays like they did yesterday they have a chance, I just don't see Manning doing much against that Panthers D. I think it will be close for a half, and Carolina takes over in the 2nd half.

Carolina is legit no doubt. They don't have any wr's and they're still a lot more dynamic than the pats. Present totally different problems. Good thing Phillips has 2 weeks to game plan. But anyone thinking Carolina is scoring in the high 30's on Denver's D is insane.

They played Seattle during the regular season too.

I’m calling it: Carolina will absolutely blow Denver’s doors off. Super Bowl 50 has the same look and feel of Super Bowl 48, where Seattle beat Denver 43-8 and led 22-0 at halftime. Remember that was the game where it was over on the very first play. Snap over Peyton’s head, safety Seattle, big return on the free kick and 9-0 just like that.

I would load up the Brinks truck to give the 4 ½ points with Carolina. I think the Panthers would cover if the line was 14 ½.

I don’t care what the media says, holding out hope for a storybook ending, Peyton is totally washed up. He missed so many throws yesterday and threw a bunch of floaters and ducks. The Pats blew that game by Beli-cheat twice refusing to kick a field goal so they got no points on 2 straight red zone trips.

As for that vaunted Denver pass rush it won’t work nearly as well against Carolina. Their offensive line is great and Cam is a monster. But Denver’s biggest problem will be scoring.

I could envision a final score of Carolina 38-11.

The difference between 48 and 50 is Denver has the number one defense this year.

The difference between 48 and 50 is Denver has the number one defense this year.

They also have a much worse offense which is what will be their doom. I just dont think they can score enough points to win this game

If Von Miller plays like they did yesterday they have a chance, I just don't see Manning doing much against that Panthers D. I think it will be close for a half, and Carolina takes over in the 2nd half.

I know Denver's D is great, but I struggle to see how Denver is going to score touchdowns. They really got lucky belichick blew that game Sunday. Carolina might score a touchdown on defense or special teams and that will really hurt Denver.

I know Denver's D is great, but I struggle to see how Denver is going to score touchdowns. They really got lucky belichick blew that game Sunday. Carolina might score a touchdown on defense or special teams and that will really hurt Denver.
Wut??? I have no problem admitting what did and didn't happen, but that sentence on it's face is wrong. Sometimes what people aren't seeming to grasp over the course of this season is, teams make their own breaks. bb screwed up a lot starting weeks ago, but Brady getting hit 23x by a masterful D game plan and having the talent up front is all Denver's doing. BB and Mcd screwed up most by getting out coached and having no counter for what Phillips was doing.

I do agree, if Carolina scores on specials or d, it's gonna be a long day for Denver. And this is where Kubiak and Peyton earn their money, figuring out how to score.

Wut??? I have no problem admitting what did and didn't happen, but that sentence on it's face is wrong. Sometimes what people aren't seeming to grasp over the course of this season is, teams make their own breaks. bb screwed up a lot starting weeks ago, but Brady getting hit 23x by a masterful D game plan and having the talent up front is all Denver's doing. BB and Mcd screwed up most by getting out coached and having no counter for what Phillips was doing.

I do agree, if Carolina scores on specials or d, it's gonna be a long day for Denver. And this is where Kubiak and Peyton earn their money, figuring out how to score.

THe Denver D is great. It's on the 2000 Ravens level. Unfortunatey their offense might be worse than the 2000 Ravens. I take nothing away from the Broncos, they earned the trip, but I do think Belichick and his ego got in the way of the win for the Pats. Even great coaches coach bad games sometime.

The way the Broncos could not move the ball on Sunday, I would of taken 3 on those two fourth quarter drives before the touchdown because chances are you are going to get another possession. Again, I think your D is great. It might be better than the Seattle defense the last two years (they couldn't stop Brady), but I think if Belichick takes a more conservative approach they win that game. I know he takes the approach of being super aggressive all the time, but there was no reason to on Sunday against that Bronco offense.

I want a great game for the Super Bowl as I have no rooting interest, but the Broncos might have the worst offense in the super bowl this milennium. I take nothing away from Denver, but I've seen Belichick make better decisions than he did on Sunday.

Last edited:
I got you, but Denver won that game more than getting lucky that bb blew it imo. Trey Wingo just came on our local radio and said as the pats were getting off their buses at MileHigh a top pats exec texted one of the nfl network insiders and said, "We've arrived at our house of horrors". He thought it was really weird to get that period, let alone as they're getting off the buses.

I got you, but Denver won that game more than getting lucky that bb blew it imo. Trey Wingo just came on our local radio and said as the pats were getting off their buses at MileHigh a top pats exec texted one of the nfl network insiders and said, "We've arrived at our house of horrors". He thought it was really weird to get that period, let alone as they're getting off the buses.

I probably didn't choose the exact words I was looking for, but he was definately outcoached by Kubiak and Phillips. How's that?

Denver D dominated the whole game till they got 2 injuries in the secondary. BB should have kicked a FG on the first drive in the redzone but went for it. The second one he has to go for it since there was only 2 minutes and change. BB didn't screw it up the Denver D flat out dominated the ballgame.

Denver knew NE couldn't run the ball and flat dominated. Carolina OL is better than the NE OL. NE D shut down the Denver running game and I think Carolina will as well.

Carolina 27 Denver 20. Won't be a blowout but Carolina is the clear better team.

Denver D dominated the whole game till they got 2 injuries in the secondary. BB should have kicked a FG on the first drive in the redzone but went for it. The second one he has to go for it since there was only 2 minutes and change. BB didn't screw it up the Denver D flat out dominated the ballgame.

Denver knew NE couldn't run the ball and flat dominated. Carolina OL is better than the NE OL. NE D shut down the Denver running game and I think Carolina will as well.

Carolina 27 Denver 20. Won't be a blowout but Carolina is the clear better team.

Incredible how overlooked this gets. No coach in history, not even the most conservative ones from the 70's are kicking a FG with 2:15 left down 5. That would be a true "gamble". Doesn't matter how much the opposing offense is struggling you're not banking on a 3&out with your season on the line. Kinda blows up the 3 FG theory.

Denver faced two sub par offensive lines, two QBs that were statues and two mediocre running games in Pitt and NE. Now they face a much better offensive line, a solid running game and a very mobile QB. Not to mention a stronger defense in Carolina than what they faced with Pitt and NE.

THe Denver D is great. It's on the 2000 Ravens level. Unfortunatey their offense might be worse than the 2000 Ravens. I take nothing away from the Broncos, they earned the trip, but I do think Belichick and his ego got in the way of the win for the Pats. Even great coaches coach bad games sometime.

The way the Broncos could not move the ball on Sunday, I would of taken 3 on those two fourth quarter drives before the touchdown because chances are you are going to get another possession. Again, I think your D is great. It might be better than the Seattle defense the last two years (they couldn't stop Brady), but I think if Belichick takes a more conservative approach they win that game. I know he takes the approach of being super aggressive all the time, but there was no reason to on Sunday against that Bronco offense.

I want a great game for the Super Bowl as I have no rooting interest, but the Broncos might have the worst offense in the super bowl this milennium. I take nothing away from Denver, but I've seen Belichick make better decisions than he did on Sunday.

I agree that BB did not have a great day but NE lost cuz they got beat up at the point of attack. When that happens you usually lose.

Got to go with Peyton? his post season track record says otherwise. No problem with anyone picking the Broncos but lets be serious you are riding the strength of the Defense not a 39 year old Peyton Manning.

Denver faced two sub par offensive lines, two QBs that were statues and two mediocre running games in Pitt and NE. Now they face a much better offensive line, a solid running game and a very mobile QB. Not to mention a stronger defense in Carolina than what they faced with Pitt and NE.
The Steelers O line was one of the best pass protecting lines in the league. Carolina is very weak at the tackles, namely Remmers at right tackle, the guy whos job it will be to try and slow down Von Miller.

The Steelers O line was one of the best pass protecting lines in the league. Carolina is very weak at the tackles, namely Remmers at right tackle, the guy whos job it will be to try and slow down Von Miller.

Steelers finished 14th in NFL for giving up sacks.

I don't know how weak the Carolina tackles are as the Panthers gave up one sack each to Seattle and Arizona in the playoffs. Two solid pass rushing teams.

I feel the difference in the Super Bowl will be that the Broncos can not just pin their ears back and rush the QB because a) Stewart and Tolbert can run the ball and b) Mr. Newton can take off and hurt you too. Most importantly Denver can not afford to get down big cuz they're not built to come back from a big deficit.

Steelers finished 14th in NFL for giving up sacks.

I don't know how weak the Carolina tackles are as the Panthers gave up one sack each to Seattle and Arizona in the playoffs. Two solid pass rushing teams.

I feel the difference in the Super Bowl will be that the Broncos can not just pin their ears back and rush the QB because a) Stewart and Tolbert can run the ball and b) Mr. Newton can take off and hurt you too. Most importantly Denver can not afford to get down big cuz they're not built to come back from a big deficit.
They were tied for 11th with...Carolina. But there's a lot more to it than just reading that stat. But yes, Carolina will be better than NE no doubt. But it's going to be an entirely different game plan on the front 7 attack. Maintaining gaps, etc. Wade has been very good at adjusting, just like the d game plan was way different for the Steelers than NE. I'm more concerned with the Carolina d and Denver's oline.