Super Bowls ranked | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowls ranked

This article lost me as soon as I noticed the Ravens/Giants Super Bowl from 2000 wasn't ranked number 50.
To be fair the first Super Bowl I remember watching SB 24 was the worst I ever saw. Montana and the 49ers just destroyed Elway and the Broncos.
That game was a blowout. The Giants-Ravens game was just awful QB play by Kerry Collins and an elite D just shut them down.
If I remember correctly that game had 3 TDs in one minute. Collins threw a pick-6, the Giants returned the following KO for a TD, and the Ravens returned the next KO for a TD.
3 TDs in one minute does put it above last IMO.

Even though I hate the Giants, sb 25 was the greatest game I have ever seen.

SB 49 best game IMO.
High scoring. Back and forth game.
Had turnovers, big plays, and Brady comeback and then final drive where Malcolm Butler made the GW Int.

Other contenders SB 13 Pitt-Dallas, SB 32 Denver-Green Bay, SB 43 Pitt-Arizona.

Rams/Titans ranks up there IMO. Mike Jones tackle is right up there as an iconic play just as much as Butler's INT.

XLII the best because of the why.

XXV damn good.

Same with some of those Spygate ones where the kicker won it for the patsies.

XXIV is overrated, so is XXIIIV

XLIII was good and enjoyable, Giants had just won and that was a fun game. Looking back, I'm super pissed at Plax...

Steelers-pokes 2, XIII was really good, so was X.

XXV damn good.

XLIII was good and enjoyable, Giants had just won and that was a fun game. Looking back, I'm super pissed at Plax...

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

1960s
1970s
1980s
1990s
2000s
2010s
2020s
Isn't it about time we dropped the Roman Numerals and either identified the Super Bowls with the year in which they were played or the season they were the championship of?

XXV damn good.

I assume you mean sb 34 was overrated, sb 24 was the 55-10 49ers rout.

34 was only overrated if you care about brand name teams. The quality of play and drama was great.

actually I meant XXIII.

I thought the 49ers drive to beat the bengals was the one before the Giants 2nd, not the blowout one.

SB 34 wasn't that great a game. It was a great final quarter.
St. Louis dominated the first half but couldn't score TDs. it was 9-0 at halftime.

The Titans fumbled and the Rams went up 16-0.
Then the Titans scored 16 points in a row including a missed PAT.
The Rams got the ball back and shredded Gregg Williams blitz on the first play after it was 16-16 and then Titans had their last drive and were tackled at the 1 yard line.
The Titans had 1:54 and 2 timeouts time shouldn't have been a factor.

A+ 4th quarter but the first 3 quarters the Titans did nothing and Rams kicked FGs.

Jeff Fisher is still cashing checks off this playoff run. Jim Fassel brought his team to the SB the next year and he hasn't been a HC since 2003.

Good SBs IMO have lead changes and action filled four quarters.
Kaiser loves SB 42 but it wasn't a well played game.
Giants left 2 FGs on the board with turnovers and dumb sack. They had Chase Blackburn make a dumb 12 men on the field penalty.
New England went for a 4th and 13 instead of attempting a 49 yard FG indoors.
It was a low possession game the Giants won. Not really a great "football game"

Good SBs IMO have lead changes and action filled four quarters.
Kaiser loves SB 42 but it wasn't a well played game.
Giants left 2 FGs on the board with turnovers and dumb sack. They had Chase Blackburn make a dumb 12 men on the field penalty.
New England went for a 4th and 13 instead of attempting a 49 yard FG indoors.
It was a low possession game the Giants won. Not really a great "football game"
I don't know if id call it a bad sack, a bad sack is the one you guys couldn't make on the Tyree play.

the interception, true to Eli form...hit Steve Smith right in the hands for an easy catch, but he actually popped it up in the air, right to Hobbs.

the Blackburn play was annoying, you guys saw it and quick snapped...but it wasn't called. so BB calls a freakin challenge and they call the flag off the challenge. not sure ive seen a challenge play where they go back a call a penalty since.

for all the drama of 19-0...and Brady laughing in the face of the Giants by saying 'they said we're only going to score 17 points??!!!! ok...' well, WHOOPS!! you only scored 14 tommyboy, F you...the game was aces.

if you want to nickel and dime it, then it was just the 4th Qtr which made it, but reality is...its the 4th Qtr which only ever makes one really great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom