Superbowl Squares payout question. | Syracusefan.com

Superbowl Squares payout question.

CuseCrew08

Starter
I don't have a lot of experience with these so I was hoping you guys could help me out. I paid into a Superbowl squares pool buying 5 squares for $20. The person in charge didn't get every square filled so they just left some blank (it was about 80% full).

Payouts were $65 a quarter with I think a $130 final score payout. The first and second quarter ended with Giants- 9 Pats- 0. That square was blank. My first question, do those payouts roll over like a skins game in golf? I ask because I won the 3rd quarter (Giants-5 Pats-7).

Additionally, the final score square was left blank as well. So technically I was the only won who had a winning square...

I know payouts are different in every pool, and usually the squares are full. But what usually happens in this situation?

Thanks friendos.

if i was running a pool like that it would roll over..

a couple other options i have seen..

give money to the squares that were touching

pay back money that was not won.

with empty squares those things need to be decided ahead of time..

Thanks Upperdeck,

I really should have asked beforehand... but then again, I never win these things so I figured it didn't matter. Now I don't want to look like an A-hole asking how much money I won... Personally, I feel like the money should have rolled over...

Lousy way to run the game.

I don't like roll-overs. Even if they do it for you, $130 is still left to be claimed for the final score... so that's not a solution.

There's $260 to be split up.
Refunds are fine, but kind of boring... it's better to have more winners.
Going with the squares that were touching method (4 not 8 per winning blank square) gives another 12 potential winners in this case. What happens if a touching square was also blank? What a mess. Maybe refunds are the way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom