Supplemental Draft | Syracusefan.com

Supplemental Draft

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic
Would this be the year that Trevor Lawrence could potentially take the NFL to court about being included in the supplemental draft with the uncertainty of next year's season? I feel like he has cause to test this in court with the potential for no season.

I would guess Etienne is gonzo in the supp draft.

He could take them court but has a zero percent change of winning.
If you read what some of the SEC ADs are saying they are full court pressing for a season starting on time and don't care if all schools are not ready,.
I can't imagine Clemson sitting on it's hands if the Alabamas and Georgias of the world start up operations.

He could take them court but has a zero percent change of winning.
If you read what some of the SEC ADs are saying they are full court pressing for a season starting on time and don't care if all schools are not ready,.
I can't imagine Clemson sitting on it's hands if the Alabamas and Georgias of the world start up operations.

Prob right but this is the year he could show cause that he's being restricted by uncertainty and the potential for no season. It's an interesting scenario. Prob unlikely because i'm sure i'm missing something about being a supp pick vs a regular pick in terms of contract, etc.

Lawrence better be careful because his stock went way down last year. He had an average year compared to his first year. He’s no longer the slam dunk by NFL scouts.

He is the best qb prospect since Luck. Not even in question.
He is obviously the number 1 pick right now unless something crazy happens. Question, do you think he would have gone 1st over Joe this year if it were possible?

Lawrence better be careful because his stock went way down last year. He had an average year compared to his first year. He’s no longer the slam dunk by NFL scouts.
Lol. He would've went 1st in the '19 draft or the '20 draft and will be in the '21 draft or '22 draft.

Lol. He would've went 1st in the '19 draft or the '20 draft and will be in the '21 draft or '22 draft.
Maybe disagree with the '20 draft after the year Burrow had, but overall yes, he's the top pick whenever he decides to come out. JMHO

tenor.gif

You mean the "average" year where he led Clemson to the CFP championship game, vs his first year where they actually won it...as a freshman? Wow, tough crowd.

Would this be the year that Trevor Lawrence could potentially take the NFL to court about being included in the supplemental draft with the uncertainty of next year's season? I feel like he has cause to test this in court with the potential for no season.

I would guess Etienne is gonzo in the supp draft.

How would this work? Would it follow the draft order that was just used last week?

If so, I don't see him getting past #2 Washington [and certainly not #3 Detroit]. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cincinnati [#1] take him, so that they can field trade offers for either TL or Burrow -- whichever nets them the best package of assets.

Personally, I think that Lawrence projects as the next "transcendent' QB, perhaps the first since Luck. Cinci would be crazy to pass him up, for the cost of just next year's first rounder.

If I'm an SEC player and they're planning playing when some others aren't, I'm having a very direct conversation with the boosters that I'm not playing until I've got another bag in hand.

He will go #1 in the draft he comes out in

You know I love ya hoops, but Lawrence is still very much the consensus #1 pick for 2021. He definitely got off to a rough start this past season, but I think he threw for 25+ TDs over the last 8 games against 0 INTs.

6'6" winner with one of the strongest arms, college or pro, in the game. I read somewhere that as a Freshman the velocity of Lawrence's "fastball' has only been exceeded by the Bill's Josh Allen as judged by velocity measurements at the NFL combine over the last 10 years. The kid is special.

Where he gets drafted and how good an NFL qb he becomes are not the same thing. How does he do with no time and WRs that dont run wide open..

He is obviously the number 1 pick right now unless something crazy happens. Question, do you think he would have gone 1st over Joe this year if it were possible?

Yes. I don’t think it’d be as close as people would think. I think Tua would have been the number 1 pick this year if he didn’t have the injuries. I do love Burrow as a prospect too.