surprisingly huge difference with fair this yr | Syracusefan.com

surprisingly huge difference with fair this yr

We Are Syracuse

All Conference
shot 47 % from three last year which is absolutely outstanding and then is shooting 27 percent from three this year which is putrid... What happened to his jump shot? How does that happen? Really need him to make some perimeter shots if there is going to be a run in march

Interesting observation. I think for starters, his 3s were more selective last year, he took 64 all of last season, with 70 already this season. He's been forced to take more this year when Cooney is off or covered, so he can't choose his spots as well. Last year, he seemed to be the 4th option behind Triche, MCW, and Southerland last year, so when he did shoot, it was because of a good shot opportunity.

If he cuts back on them, and Cooney isn't hitting, not sure who else is much of a threat.

Interesting observation. I think for starters, his 3s were more selective last year, he took 64 all of last season, with 70 already this season. He's been forced to take more this year when Cooney is off or covered, so he can't choose his spots as well. Last year, he seemed to be the 4th option behind Triche, MCW, and Southerland last year, so when he did shoot, it was because of a good shot opportunity.

If he cuts back on them, and Cooney isn't hitting, not sure who else is much of a threat.

I don't see him shooting many contested threes - he's just not hitting them.

I don't see him shooting many contested threes - he's just not hitting them.

Ya I don't ever once remember screaming "no what are you doing" when he puts one up.
I do with Cooney but in some games those are the only ones he makes.

He needs to do the old "Let the game come to him". I thought last night was starting out that way. He got 4FT but he was like 1-8 the first few minutes, but the points he got were the ONLY ones we could get at that point. I noticed his "delivery" is slow. His entry into the paint is wide and looping and slow developing and opponents are riding him just enough to moof up his shot. You're not seeing the explosion we saw even in November. Go back at the posterizing of Otto Porter (ironically on another 3 for a sh*itload night), CJ hasn't looked that fast in a while.

He's had quite a few poor shooting games recently. There's a lot of pressure on him as this season is an NBA audition for him.

Ya I don't ever once remember screaming "no what are you doing" when he puts one up.
I do with Cooney but in some games those are the only ones he makes.
That's the thing with this team, they are getting enough open shots to win by a decent margin.
Rarely do I go "No..." this year . Going "noooooo..." was a staple of being a SU fan in the day.
Get more gimmes to drop, do NOT miss another 1 and 1, and tighten up the defensive rebounding a tad, we will be OK.
Let's see what CJ can do Saturday, he went through Duke like a warm knife through butter in a near perfect game. Then *thud*.

I feel like the same thing happened to Triche from his freshman to his senior season. He shot 40% from 3 on limited attempts on that awesome '09-10 team, but shot 29% from 3 last year on twice as many attempts.

He is trying too hard and he has played too many minutes. It would help if he would get 1 or 2 assists per game. He won't ever, ever pass it to Xmas on the blocks.

Agree with the concept of him thinking too much and it being mental.. PRessing and trying too hard right now. Fair is so much better when he just lets the game come to him... Btw, I am hoping fair is watching Rodney Hood right now... Holy smokes he is looking good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom