SU's most iconic play? | Syracusefan.com

SU's most iconic play?

SouthernCuse

Starter
The most iconic play of all time for every college football team is a ridiculously high bar to aim for, but iconic is subjective after all.

most iconic plays for every team.

but for SU, which starts around 39:16, you know, they didn't do a bad job. I would have picked a similar play, maybe that play - though Jim Brown running for a TD might have been more iconic, I doubt they had the video, though they did dig up something like that for Rice..

87’ 2pt conversion is a good one. Kirby Dar Dar to open up against florida, and Rob Moore vs per state
Those were the first 3 that came to mind for me in the more modern era.

Last edited:
I sort of favor the pass to get within 1 in that West Virginia game. Kudos to the late Pat Kelly.
Agreed. Technically a much harder play to pull off. Pass had to be perfectly thrown and timed as well.

Pure electricity here. Dome with 50k is top 5 venue. If you’ve experienced it, you know.

One of the two loudest games I ever saw in the Dome for football.

The crazy bounces that went against us all game long to keep VT in it...

And agreed -- that play had MASSIVE implications -- both in terms of us going to a big time bowl, but also in terms of how McNabb's legacy was cemented.

If we lose that game at home, who knows how things go from there on out. Maybe the 66-13 dismantling of Miami plays out differently.

What I remember is that I couldn't see if Brominski came down with it. But based upon the crowd reaction, you just knew.

Amazing.

I can’t argue against any of those plays; but for me I’ll take any play that Eric Dungey made me shake my head. Fourth down reach to beat Clemson. Hurdling the safety against , I think Virginia. After throwing an interception against Miami, ripping the ball out and getting it back. Personal foul against Boston College. Yelling at Miami’s bench.

The iconic playcall for us in our glory days would have to be the scissors play!

I can’t argue against any of those plays; but for me I’ll take any play that Eric Dungey made me shake my head. Fourth down reach to beat Clemson. Hurdling the safety against , I think Virginia. After throwing an interception against Miami, ripping the ball out and getting it back. Personal foul against Boston College. Yelling at Miami’s bench.
That same Boston game when he absolutely leveled that defender , damn you shafer why did you have to mishandle the kids career so badly!