Symir's spirit | Syracusefan.com

Symir's spirit

BillSU

All American
Whatever “injury” to Symir’s hand pre-game it did not matter in the game. I am impressed with him bringing the ball down and protecting it – Joe sat because of Torrence who did a very respectable job tonight. Can’t shoot it like Joe but provides a reliable point for us don’t you think?

And then there was THE BLOCK by Benny coming from the other side of the court to knock it into the crowd.

Buddy being Buddy tonight!

Whatever “injury” to Symir’s hand pre-game it did not matter in the game. I am impressed with him bringing the ball down and protecting it – Joe sat because of Torrence who did a very respectable job tonight. Can’t shoot it like Joe but provides a reliable point for us don’t you think?

And then there was THE BLOCK by Benny coming from the other side of the court to knock it into the crowd.

Symir is one of the more important players on the team. We’re going to need him to bring the ball up throughout the season. I don’t think it’s a secret anymore that Joe can’t handle ball pressure. Not sure of the plus/minus this game but I’m guessing Symirs was better.

Symir is one of the more important players on the team. We’re going to need him to bring the ball up throughout the season. I don’t think it’s a secret anymore that Joe can’t handle ball pressure. Not sure of the plus/minus this game but I’m guessing Symirs was better.

Joe didn’t have any turnovers against ball pressure bringing the ball up.

Joe didn’t have any turnovers against ball pressure bringing the ball up.
He didn’t because he got rid of the ball every time. He’s not a point guard bees, he’s doing great shooting the ball but if he’s going to be out there as a point guard he needs to be a point guard.

He didn’t because he got rid of the ball every time. He’s not a point guard bees, he’s doing great shooting the ball but if he’s going to be out there as a point guard he needs to be a point guard.

Well I’ll take his 12 assists in 2 games all day long at 25mpg. 3-1 ast/to margin. And he didn’t just get rid of the ball either. I know a few of you are gonna analyze him to death this year. I prefer to look at the whole picture.

It’s clear JB is moving Joe off the ball when paired with Sy. It will be interesting to see how he handles closing minutes protecting a lead against pressure.

Does he put the ball in Sy’s hands knowing he’s not a great FT shooter or does he let Joe handle the pressure. Will probably be a game by game decision, but tonight with Buddy on the bench, he moved Joe to the front court and chose to have Jimmy B and Sy handle the final possessions…I would think this is a precursor to what is to come.

It’s clear JB is moving Joe off the ball when paired with Sy. It will be interesting to see how he handles closing minutes protecting a lead against pressure.

Does he put the ball in Sy’s hands knowing he’s not a great fat shooter or does he let Joe handle the pressure. Will probably be a game be game decision, but tonight with Buddy on the bench, he moved Joe to the front court and chose to have Jimmy B and Sy handle the final possessions…I would think this is a precursor to what is to come.

He did that many times when Joe was in too because Jimmy throws the ball in so he’s already down there. The other guard goes down court unless the other team is using 2 or more guys to pressure the ball then he’ll bring the other guard down there too.

Symir did just fine from what I saw. However, he did have one unforced, bad turnover late in the game. Of course, we had several sloppy plays late in the game. This juror is still out until there are more games under our belt and Symir gets more minutes to judge objectively.

Joe has been solid this year but its nice having more of a pure point guard in the lineup again. Each will have their moments and it will depend on who we play and the type of game being played. Very happy with how Joe is playing so far. I do feel like Symir will have a bigger role for this team then what most anticipated though. Great Ball handler and defender...also hes always looking to push it up court. Glad we have both guys!

Does he put the ball in Sy’s hands knowing he’s not a great FT shooter or does he let Joe handle the pressure. Will probably be a game by game decision, but tonight with Buddy on the bench, he moved Joe to the front court and chose to have Jimmy B and Sy handle the final possessions…I would think this is a precursor to what is to come.
I would expect it to be Buddy or Cole.

Interesting to me that the Symir role tonight was exactly what so many were clamoring for Kadary last year.

Tells me that JB didn’t trust Kadary due to maturity, practice habits, or something. It wasn’t that he has some over the top love of Joe. Either that or he learned a lesson and is doing it differently this year. Nahhh.

There was some slop at the end by Joe and Symir. It needs to get cleaned up….they have one job and that is to get us into the offense. I’m not worried.

He did that many times when Joe was in too because Jimmy throws the ball in so he’s already down there. The other guard goes down court unless the other team is using 2 or more guys to pressure the ball then he’ll bring the other guard down there too.
Joe didn’t come to the ball on a play when Drexel started to press, and it got knocked out of bounds. Would have been a turnover and his fault 8 times out of 10. Boeheim yanked him almost immediately after.

He can help us but he isn’t a point guard. And it is going to be a problem against some teams.

Joe didn’t come to the ball on a play when Drexel started to press, and it got knocked out of bounds. Would have been a turnover and his fault 8 times out of 10. Boeheim yanked him almost immediately after.

He can help us but he isn’t a point guard. And it is going to be a problem against some teams.

Yea, joes the only one that makes any mistakes. I’ll take his stats each of the first two games any day of the week. But I’ll let you in on something, he’s gonna have a real stinker sometime (most players do), then it’ll be a party like it’s 1999.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom