SyraCRUZ Tailgate 2023 - Time to Step Up! | Syracusefan.com

SyraCRUZ Tailgate 2023 - Time to Step Up!

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
When we launched the concept of offering donated funds for the use of a player’s NIL in rebranding our tailgate, the thought was if we could ever raise $500 or so it might be a viable idea. Upon publishing to this forum to gauge interest it started to become clear that we had come up with something much larger than those modest aspirations. Your generosity blew away anything we could have hoped for, and we ended up with over $15,000 in direct donations. When we launched the SyraCRUZ Tailgate merchandise initiatives that shared profits with our sponsored athletes we supplemented that with nearly an additional $3000. We paid out close to $12,000 to seven different athletes and set a standard for crowd sourced NIL fund raising, not only at Syracuse but nationwide.

With that high bar established we are ready to launch Year 2 of the SyraCRUZ Tailgate. We have a good sized nest egg that gives us the confidence to start negotiating with Enrique Cruz and renew our partnership for the 2023 season. There is still a gap to be made up and we don’t currently have funding for a second football player or for weekly tailgate guest appearances, so I am reaching out again for pledges for the upcoming season. At this point I would ask that you message or email me (dfl.consiglieres@gmail.com) with your board name, real name, email address and pledge amount. I will provide payment details and start the collection process.

Our plan is to meet with and get Enrique’s input on some of the details shortly after the spring game, so if you plan to donate it would be helpful if you reach out in the next couple of weeks.

We have truly been overwhelmed by the support of this initiative and can’t wait to see how we can top it in 2023-24! Oh, and stay tuned. I have been told that a 44Films Documentary on the SyraCRUZ Tailgate is in the final editing process and should be publicly available shortly!

If you aren’t jumping in to help here, I don’t want to see you complain about how “Syracuse does nothing for NIL”

Every little bit counts and as crazy as it seems, this grass roots effort has helped a bunch of student athletes already!

Any little bit will help!

When we launched the concept of offering donated funds for the use of a player’s NIL in rebranding our tailgate, the thought was if we could ever raise $500 or so it might be a viable idea. Upon publishing to this forum to gauge interest it started to become clear that we had come up with something much larger than those modest aspirations. Your generosity blew away anything we could have hoped for, and we ended up with over $15,000 in direct donations. When we launched the SyraCRUZ Tailgate merchandise initiatives that shared profits with our sponsored athletes we supplemented that with nearly an additional $3000. We paid out close to $12,000 to seven different athletes and set a standard for crowd sourced NIL fund raising, not only at Syracuse but nationwide.

With that high bar established we are ready to launch Year 2 of the SyraCRUZ Tailgate. We have a good sized nest egg that gives us the confidence to start negotiating with Enrique Cruz and renew our partnership for the 2023 season. There is still a gap to be made up and we don’t currently have funding for a second football player or for weekly tailgate guest appearances, so I am reaching out again for pledges for the upcoming season. At this point I would ask that you message or email me (dfl.consiglieres@gmail.com) with your board name, real name, email address and pledge amount. I will provide payment details and start the collection process.

Our plan is to meet with and get Enrique’s input on some of the details shortly after the spring game, so if you plan to donate it would be helpful if you reach out in the next couple of weeks.

We have truly been overwhelmed by the support of this initiative and can’t wait to see how we can top it in 2023-24! Oh, and stay tuned. I have been told that a 44Films Documentary on the SyraCRUZ Tailgate is in the final editing process and should be publicly available shortly!
Done.

Done

Venmo, PayPal, Zelle, checks, cash, bitcoin, Euros, Krugerands, Costco gift cards…

You name it, I’ll take it!

Just passed the $3000 pledge milestone. LONG way to go, but great start!

One week before the spring game and the pledges continue to roll in. A LONG way to go to be able to match last season. Just a reminder - we are just looking for a pledge amount at this time for planning purposes. Payment can be at your convenience anytime up until late summer.

If you intend to participate and have not yet done so, please send me a PM or email to dfl.consiglieres with amount pledged, name and email address. We had 100% compliance with fulfillment of pledges last year so I will have full confidence putting a program in place even without money in the bank.

Just wanted to give this a bump to the top with the spring game today!

What a great opportunity to help build this program and help out a great student athlete on our team!

If you’re worried about NIL and where Syracuse stands, please consider donating to this cause.

I’m going to challenge everyone on here to at least donate $44!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom