Syracuse AD John Wildhack on new Nike deal, potential for new football uniforms | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse AD John Wildhack on new Nike deal, potential for new football uniforms

as well as oddly-shaped numbers that Nike said were designed to evoke “the New York City skyline

Dear Nike how is one NYC skyline and the other isn’t? Awful spin by Nike.
Our numerals have sucked.
Illinois
DaGnXGDU8AAghM6.0.jpg

How is this NYC skyline Syracuse
usa_today_10269811.0.jpg

Listen. I know that readers are always looking for new content every day, and writing 3 articles a day is the only way to satisfy the thirst of readers.

However, continuing to write articles with headlines that sound like they are providing new information and then giving away no new information or no information at all is becoming tiring. "We're close" and "Time will tell" are revelations not fit for a news article. I didn't need to click the link to find out this stuff

I don't know what the answer is, however. As fans, we want new articles year round, and there's just not a lot of news this time of year. I just don't know the correct answer to this dilemma.

Psst hey John... we already know they’re coming. Secrecy is so silly. Why not just say “hey we’re debuting new uniforms at the spring game” or whenever. Secrecy is silly.

Private school blah blah blah but come on lol “time will tell”. K.

I hope like hell the lax team gets new ones too. The numbers have to go with them as well.

I hope like hell the lax team gets new ones too. The numbers have to go with them as well.

Thing is - I hate the numbers but the lax unis looks sweet at least, the colors are at least right. The football uniforms are horrid.

I think we should bequeath the skyline numbers to Rutgers or to the Sixth Borough, UConn.

as well as oddly-shaped numbers that Nike said were designed to evoke “the New York City skyline

Dear Nike how is one NYC skyline and the other isn’t? Awful spin by Nike.
Our numerals have sucked.
Illinois
DaGnXGDU8AAghM6.0.jpg

How is this NYC skyline Syracuse
usa_today_10269811.0.jpg
I actually didn’t realize the top picture was Illinois for the first ... well ... long time I looked at your post. That’s not even lazy on Nike’s part ... it’s shamelessly lazy.

Me thinketh we are going to hear something very soonish on uniforms

My guess is this month if not sooner. Pitt announced their rebrand a few days ago and Baylor is unveiling theirs on the 12th.

Just my opinion, but I hate this logo. I've always called it the goofy SU logo. :confused:

Yeah, that one and the seemingly Asian looking angular S one (which supposedly envoked the intersection of the major highways) were both atrociously awful.