Syracuse Announces 2019 Promotional Schedule | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Announces 2019 Promotional Schedule

We had a fun thread on this topic about 52 weeks ago. And by "fun" I mean not fun. I agree with you but am not going to rehash that whole thing again on here. It is not a popular take, apparently.

Guess I may have participated in that one too. It's just an odd thing to advertise faith as the main event for that weekend. As kind of a secondary thing or the chapel to have a big weekend planned is one thing but for the school to go all in with that is just kind of odd.

Tired: Creampuff auto-win where everyone leaves at half time
Wired: National Champs back in the Dome, where they lost last go around

Solid point. Should be a high point to crush the defending champs.

Guess I may have participated in that one too. It's just an odd thing to advertise faith as the main event for that weekend. As kind of a secondary thing or the chapel to have a big weekend planned is one thing but for the school to go all in with that is just kind of odd.
I for one see no issue with it. It's not an advertisement of faith but rather an attempt to be inclusive of a different group of fans. And if advertising of faith makes you uncomfortable than you probably wouldn't like the fact that one of the coaches holds FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) in his home.

I for one see no issue with it. It's not an advertisement of faith but rather an attempt to be inclusive of a different group of fans. And if advertising of faith makes you uncomfortable than you probably wouldn't like the fact that one of the coaches holds FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) in his home.

Well...no, that's kind of the opposite of institutional 'advertising of faith,' as it were. For the coach hosting that sort of private event for interested kids, that's cool, good for him. This is what education is (or should be) all about.

Im agnostic and a nihilist. Feeling excluded by your proposal.

waltersobchak.jpg

This agnostic heathen will be coming up to help counteract the faith and familly-ness. All things being equal, still don’t love it but also really don’t care. They actually lumped it in with some other stuff so it’s a little LESS prominent than last year actually

Just make it faith and family and atheist and orphan day.

Covers everyone?

But now we have two family days.

Aside from the obvious redundancy problen, does it suggest families attending the other are faithless?

Why can’t we go back to Parents Weekend for that one?

Maybe the Orangemen will show up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom