Syracuse at #24 in CBS Sports pre-season poll | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse at #24 in CBS Sports pre-season poll

I disagree with the placement, but not by much.

Meh, whatever...its preseason. They really didn't say much at all about our team.

We have the most wins by a wide margin from team ranked 21-25 but they didn't even talk about us.

So many people are gonna be so disappointed when Nebraska sucks again. It's Bs that everyone is ranking them in top 25. They should have to prove they deserve it first.

They are perennially over ranked at the beginning of the season. I don't get it.

It’s a ACC coastal thing VT and Miami never play us or Clemson they just gotta finish above friggen Duke or Pitt for a CCG appearance. Wasn’t 2017 Miami’s only one ever? The leagues been strong OOC for a while so the two names over there get preseason love cause their schedules look manageable . Neither play an annual SEC game like FSU and Clemson do though the Canes have UF this year of course.

Really boils my blood they haven’t fixed the schedule so we can play them more and not dumbass Pitt every year.

I am so glad Scott Frost went to UCF. We got Dino.

Dodged a major douche-grenade.

Kick rocks, Nebraska.

Yes he is a total arrogant douchegrenade and he would have been gone in 2 years. I will take Dino, thank you.

At this point, as long as the team is ranked and talked about, it’s a good thing. Win the first two and it’ll only get better.

Win the first two and we will get a showcase on Saturday morning.

Could still happen

but won’t

Sorry, I don't understand this logic. "Won't" is an absolute. There is no degree of certainty of won't other than 100%. If it "won't", then by default it "can't" which is another way of saying "it couldn't"

Isn't the proper phrasing that you're going for be:

Could still happen
but shouldn't

It’s a ACC coastal thing VT and Miami never play us or Clemson they just gotta finish above friggen Duke or Pitt for a CCG appearance. Wasn’t 2017 Miami’s only one ever? The leagues been strong OOC for a while so the two names over there get preseason love cause their schedules look manageable . Neither play an annual SEC game like FSU and Clemson do though the Canes have UF this year of course.

Really boils my blood they haven’t fixed the schedule so we can play them more and not dumbass Pitt every year.
Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't rankings be based on how good a team is and not the strength of schedule (at least preseason)?

We have the most wins by a wide margin from team ranked 21-25 but they didn't even talk about us.

So many people are gonna be so disappointed when Nebraska sucks again. It's Bs that everyone is ranking them in top 25. They should have to prove they deserve it first.

It will be interesting to watch. I do think Frost will get them turn around at some point. I think he's a very good coach. Only problem is that Nebraska fans may still be unrealistic with expectations so tough gig

It will be interesting to watch. I do think Frost will get them turn around at some point. I think he's a very good coach. Only problem is that Nebraska fans may still be unrealistic with expectations so tough gig

not only are fans being unrealistic, the media is too, treating arrogant Frost like he is the second coming. definitely a very good coach, but things are getting a bit out of hand because they went 4-2 in the second half of last season.

I’ve been watching most of last year’s games as I can. I’m getting pretty excited for the season but realize also that we got a lot of good breaks last season with a few notable exceptions.

NC State was won by an interception...a single play. Tommy Devito won the UNC game with a preview of coming attractions. Dungey salvaged so many plays with miracles.

We made so many of our own breaks and I look forward to watching another team find a way to make the breaks we’ll need this year.

I love being ranked and have hope that we can build on last year’s success. We’ll be favored in many games and hope the kids can handle that pressure. It’s easier being an underdog...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom