Syracuse basketball center Paschal Chukwu could apply for 6th season if he wants | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse basketball center Paschal Chukwu could apply for 6th season if he wants

Dylan Ennis got a 6th year at Oregon.

Anything is possible.

Hasn't Chewie already stated that he's not interested in a 6th year?

Granted, people can change their minds and all - but old fogies his age rarely do. :p

Obviously I would love for him to come back for a 6th year, but if he has his degree (and possibly even a Master's Degree?), I feel like now is the time to go earn whatever you can playing professionally overseas. There has to be a demand in Europe for 7'3" centers who can make free throws.

He is still developing or ,in fact, could be argued beginning to develop into a ball player. Another year with guys and a system he loves could carry some weight. He really does look like Bambi on ice at times and not yet consistent but you probably are right

Why stop at a Masters degree... get the doctorate! Slacker!

He is still developing or ,in fact, could be argued beginning to develop into a ball player. Another year with guys and a system he loves could carry some weight. He really does look like Bambi on ice at times and not yet consistent but you probably are right
All things being equal, I'd rather he move on so we can develop other players. He will never ever ever be an offensive option, let alone threat. I want the time to be spent on Sid and whoever is next.

Last edited:
All things being equal, I'd rather he move on so we can develop other players. He will never ever ever be an offensiy option, let alone threat. I want the time to be spent on Sid and whoever is next.
Historically our 5’s have never been offensive juggernauts.
Surrounded by offensive options, a senior citizen Chu-Blocka would be invaluable.

Hope he stays 2 more years the other center has injury issues.

If hes a 15-20 point a night player as a senior there might be a seat on an NBA bench for him can't teach height. Can see leaving next summer if he has a monster year has a shot at getting drafted of course.

If hes a 15-20 point a night player as a senior there might be a seat on an NBA bench for him can't teach height. Can see leaving next summer if he has a monster year has a shot at getting drafted of course.

I ate crow thinking Paschal was a bum and how he wouldn’t be able to contribute. That being said; there is no chance in hell that he’ll average that much. Especially in this system. He’ll always be raw and not the strongest kid. I like the incremental improvements and his conditioning is incredible considering how Boeheim and Frank used him to screen constantly. Frank truly depended on him. Poor Paschal was running back and forth from under the basket to beyond the 3pt line constantly having to bail Frank out.

I ate crow thinking Paschal was a bum and how he wouldn’t be able to contribute. That being said; there is no chance in hell that he’ll average that much. Especially in this system. He’ll always be raw and not the strongest kid. I like the incremental improvements and his conditioning is incredible considering how Boeheim and Frank used him to screen constantly. Frank truly depended on him. Poor Paschal was running back and forth from under the basket to beyond the 3pt line constantly having to bail Frank out.
Always inserting Frank into threads that aren’t about Frank. We get it. You hate Frank. You don’t have to constantly bash him.

Oh the horror. Someone had to set a screen. What is this? Basketball? Poor poor Paschal.

It’s funny how you describe Frank and Chu’s limitations but yet come to different conclusions about them.

You're a funny guy.

Seriously, some of you people don't believe your own eyes. He plays smaller than any other 7'3" I've ever seen. Yet you think he may average 20 points when he's a super senior?

You're a funny guy.

Seriously, some of you people don't believe your own eyes. He plays smaller than any other 7'3" I've ever seen. Yet you think he may average 20 points when he's a super senior?

I was concerned if you might pull a muscle laughing or otherwise hurt yourself reading that post.

I agree with this and add that Frank was also reciprocally looking for Chukwu under the basket as well. As roommates, there were some pillow talk antics going on out there at times.

We’ve used that high screen a lot through JBs career. It’s all Forth did too. It’s used for many reasons. Least of which is bailing anyone out.

We’ve used that high screen a lot through JBs career. It’s all Forth did too. It’s used for many reasons. Least of which is bailing anyone out.

Pretty sure the primary reason is to unclog the lane, namely Chukwu and whoever is covering him. It's designed to get him out of the damned way. Yet sobe claims it was Pascal bailing out Frank. Good grief.

I was concerned if you might pull a muscle laughing or otherwise hurt yourself reading that post.

My head almost made a complete rotation.

And I appreciate your concern.

Trust me when I tell you that the post I made initially had to be rewritten and toned down 4-6 times.

Pretty sure the primary reason is to unclog the lane, namely Chukwu and whoever is covering him. It's designed to get him out of the damned way. Yet sobe claims it was Pascal bailing out Frank. Good grief.

Good grief?! Are you guys freaking blind? Paschal isn’t dumb. How many times was Frank motioning/gesturing Paschal to come out and help him out? Did Paschal just suddenly forget the offense or play? No, it’s because Frank can’t get by a lot of guys. Well aware also that we have used that play for awhile. But, generally, having guards who don’t need screens regularly helps everyone out tremendously but that’s another topic. Bilas and Fraschilla always talk about this. That’s why I’m really anxious and excited to see Carey play.

Last edited:
Good grief?! Are you guys freaking blind? Paschal isn’t dumb. How many times was Frank motioning/gesturing Paschal to come out and help him out? Did Paschal just suddenly forget the offense or play? No, it’s because Frank can’t get by a lot of guys. Well aware also that we have used that play for awhile. But, generally, having guards who don’t need screens regularly helps everyone out tremendously but that’s another topic. Bilas and Fraschilla always talk about this. That’s why I’m really anxious and excited to see Carey play.

You clearly don't understand Syracuse basketball.