Syracuse Basketball Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Basketball Recruiting

garydelano

Walk On
WHATS WRONG WITH SYRACUSE BASKETBALL RECRUITING? NOT ONE RECRUIT YET. I THOUGHT THAT WITH THE CARMELO ANTHONY CENTER THEY WOULD BE KNOCKING AT THE DOOR. I KNOW WE HAVE GOOD DEPTH BUT DON'T YOU STILL HAVE TO RECRUIT ONE OR TWO THIS YEAR?

WHATS WRONG WITH SYRACUSE BASKETBALL RECRUITING? NOT ONE RECRUIT YET. I THOUGHT THAT WITH THE CARMELO ANTHONY CENTER THEY WOULD BE KNOCKING AT THE DOOR. I KNOW WE HAVE GOOD DEPTH BUT DON'T YOU STILL HAVE TO RECRUIT ONE OR TWO THIS YEAR?
Indoor voice please.

...as explained by Francis and others...don't panic...we are loaded this year and the '12 and '13 classes seem to be shaping up...keep your fingers crossed...there is still possibility of 3 that we know of: Coleman, Grant, and Cavanagh...maybe we land one or two of these...or none of them......believe playing time is important for good players and we have the court covered in duplicate in most places...

Our recent recruiting success combined with the fact that we've had very few early defections means that we actually don't need anyone in this class. We have a very young, very competitive roster - and not a ton of guaranteed playing time to offer. I think the staff thinks that both Grant and Coleman would be great "gets", but if we miss on both we can devote those scholarships to an absolutely loaded 2013 class. And by all accounts, we've been making great inroads with a lot of top players in 2013. Relax, we're ranked in the top ten, we have some of the best facilities in the nation, a HOF coach and Mike Hopkins on the staff.

brick.jpg

WHATS WRONG WITH SYRACUSE BASKETBALL RECRUITING? NOT ONE RECRUIT YET. I THOUGHT THAT WITH THE CARMELO ANTHONY CENTER THEY WOULD BE KNOCKING AT THE DOOR.

Maybe if Joyce had coughed up the extra money for a Door Bell we'd be landing some recruits.

this is my first post wanted to introduce myself, names jim , grew up in canastota, n.y., living in los angeles, also just wanted to add that we are not alone with no commits for 2012, looks like Kentucky doesn't have a commit yet either

i think the original poster has to much time on his hands and might need the company of a woman.

The short answer is YES The real question is why we haven't been able to convince one player for the next two years to come to Syracuse. Not one. thats not just a failure to communicate. There is more to this story that no one seems to be questioning on any level. Reorters, blogers, posters no one except the crazy old man. I object to the term "crazy ". Old is realistic and the grey hair is getting more dense.:p

Are you the dude that always used caps on scout? Cool it, you look like you are screaming.

Our recent recruiting success combined with the fact that we've had very few early defections means that we actually don't need anyone in this class. We have a very young, very competitive roster - and not a ton of guaranteed playing time to offer. I think the staff thinks that both Grant and Coleman would be great "gets", but if we miss on both we can devote those scholarships to an absolutely loaded 2013 class. And by all accounts, we've been making great inroads with a lot of top players in 2013. Relax, we're ranked in the top ten, we have some of the best facilities in the nation, a HOF coach and Mike Hopkins on the staff.
OK If you're happy with this OK, I'll be happy with this. You certainly are more confident about it then I can be,thats for sure!BTW How long is our HOF coach going to stick around and what kind of notice can we expect from him?

this is my first post wanted to introduce myself, names jim , grew up in canastota, n.y., living in los angeles, also just wanted to add that we are not alone with no commits for 2012, looks like Kentucky doesn't have a commit yet either

I was born in Canastoda.

The short answer is YES The real question is why we haven't been able to convince one player for the next two years to come to Syracuse. Not one. thats not just a failure to communicate. There is more to this story that no one seems to be questioning on any level. Reorters, blogers, posters no one except the crazy old man. I object to the term "crazy ". Old is realistic and the grey hair is getting more dense.:p

We aren't getting a commitment from Mr. Coleman until after he takes his campus visits. Since practices (and Midnight Madness) is around Oct 15th, we won't get a decision until a week or two after that.

I drive a Dodge Stratus!! I'm a Division Manager!!!

In response to Napoleon's statement about stupidity I give you Geore W bush ,Sarah Palin and Michellr Bocchman.

Not to hijack this thread, but they're plenty of imbeciles of the other side of the aisle as well. Napoleon got it right...its the POLITICS, not necessarily the ideology.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom