Syracuse Brand and Nike | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Brand and Nike

Cusesky8214

Living Legend
Why do these top schools always seem to get cool stuff from Nike and we NEVER get good stuff like this? We are one of the top money making schools in all of college basketball and our brand is pretty good yet we always seem to get pissed on by Nike. Where is our stuff like this?

Screenshot_20191004-174356_Chrome.jpg

Why do these top schools always seem to get cool stuff from Nike and we NEVER get good stuff like this? We are one of the top money making schools in all of college basketball and our brand is pretty good yet we always seem to get pissed on by Nike. Where is our stuff like this?

View attachment 170970

They can leave us out of shoes that look like that, and I’m fine with it.

But I agree with your overall point.

They can leave us out of shoes that look like that, and I’m fine with it.

But I agree with your overall point.
Yea I agree, it was the point that over the years I've seen so many cool nike products made for big time programs but we constantly get zip. Frustrating.

So we have one of the strongest fan bases in the country when it comes to basketball and produce big $ but our fans dont buy merchandise like this?

There's a whole thread on the FB board where everyone is complaining about paying Nike $100 for a football jersey, yet they'll pay $17 for a Chinese knock-off.

Nobody here is paying $139.99 for a pair of sneakers.

There's a whole thread on the FB board where everyone is complaining about paying Nike $100 for a football jersey, yet they'll pay $17 for a Chinese knock-off.

You must not know any sneakerheads lol. I get your point but I still think our brand deserves some of the perks that these other schools get and not just some 2inch gold tab on the back of our jerseys.

skecher's flex advantage, $39.99 at the outlet store, 2nd pair half price. looks like it was custom made for su
#skechers.jpg

just brainstorming:

1. Orange seems like one of the rarest colors to see featured on sneakers. I think this is more about what Nike thinks people who aren’t even fans of college sports like that will wear. Blue is common on sneakers. Orange is not.

2. If they are considering the limits of the Syracuse fanbase, maybe they’re considering that people can’t even wear sneakers outside for like 6 months in Syracuse?

So we have one of the strongest fan bases in the country when it comes to basketball and produce big $ but our fans dont buy merchandise like this?

Agree. That collegiate licensing rankings always has us in the top 30-some schools.

Some will buy them some won't, I think you would be surprised however on the overall success of such a product. Cant compare sneakers to jerseys, there are so many sneaker heads, fashion "experts" and then the overall true hardcore fans that would buy them.

I still have on my shelf in my office a commemorative pair of Nikes from the 2003 National Championship

I have no problem spending 200 on a pair of sneakers, but you do have a good point. This board is just a minority of the base, but if people are willing to buy counterfeit merchandise and can't be bothered to buy a brand new Orange shirt for games instead of wearing a faded one with grease stains, they're not going to spend any money on merchandise. Just last season I bought three sets of Nike sweatsuits.

I have no problem spending 200 on a pair of sneakers, but you do have a good point. This board is just a minority of the base, but if people are willing to buy counterfeit merchandise and can't be bothered to buy a brand new Orange shirt for games instead of wearing a faded one with grease stains, they're not going to spend any money on merchandise. Just last season I bought three sets of Nike sweatsuits.
Sounds like you should be buying for everyone, :rolleyes:

Those employed by the AD have access to special Orange Nike sneakers. I’ve seen them all over... just not for sale to the fans apparently.

I’m not sure that this is really an accurate representation of the Syracuse fanbase though. You know how many ridiculous t-shirts have been produced that people actually bought and wore/wear? “The Rivalry Begins”? “Don’te Leave”? Seriously?

I think there’s a few buying counterfeit because there’s a perception as far as jerseys go that what’s actually available to buy legit is half-ass anyway, compare to what other schools get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom