Syracuse @ Clemson Tailgate, October 22nd | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse @ Clemson Tailgate, October 22nd

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I booked at the Quality Inn on Clemson Blvd in Anderson, SC. Military Veteran rate of $70 plus tax. Other cities suggested are Greenville and Spartanburg to look. Generally hotels near the stadium are booked at super high rates.

There will be no ticket buy. I'll see if SU can at least set us up with a special link to buy out of their visitor allotment.

I'm planning on a medium size tailgate (75 folks). I'm trying to get the parking nailed down.

I expect to collect money for parking and the tailgate only.

Tailgate parking will probably be $30-40 a car

Tailgate pricing TBD:
$12.50-15 each for Adult with Adult beverages
$8-10 each for Adult and kids over 12 without adult beverages
$5 for kids 5-12
kids under 5 free

Let me know approximate numbers below, FCFS this will fill up quickly.

In for two. Need to find a second roadie. Was hoping we would get an October date with either Pitt or BC

I booked at the Quality Inn on Clemson Blvd in Anderson, SC. Military Veteran rate of $70 plus tax. Other cities suggested are Greenville and Spartanburg to look. Generally hotels near the stadium are booked at super high rates.

There will be no ticket buy. I'll see if SU can at least set us up with a special link to buy out of their visitor allotment.

I'm planning on a medium size tailgate (75 folks). I'm trying to get the parking nailed down.

Tailgate pricing TBD:
$5 for kids 5-12
kids under 5 free

Two for us.

In for two. Need to find a second roadie. Was hoping we would get an October date with either Pitt or BC
I agree: both Pitt and BC in November isn't ideal.

Tailgate pricing TBD:
$5 for kids 5-12
kids under 5 free

Two, possibly three for me. I was able to book for the same military /veteran rate at Quality Inn.

Update: We have secured parking. I have reserved 15-20 spots. Signing up here is how you get a parking spot. If you are bringing tailgate gear, food, drink or equipment you get extra priority. I will not grow larger than 20 cars and about 75-80 folks. This is actually one of the closest spots you can get to the stadium unless you buy a parking pass from the STHer.

We're about a 3/4 mile walk from the stadium.
We are parking at the First Baptist Church 397 College Ave.

If we have a:
Nooner or 12:30pm game, lot opens at 0800
3:30pm game lot opens at 0900
Night game lot opens around 1100

Cars need to be removed by Sunday at 0800.

Cost is $40 per car. I will collect everyone's money. Signup for PayPal, Venmo or Zelle if you haven't yet.
We'll have approximately 7 of the cars in a side lot we control. That is where the tailgate will be at. People bringing equipment and supplies will have priority. We will have room to spread out. The other 8-13 cars will be parked in the open lot.

We have bathrooms available.

Pricing for the tailgate will be between $5 and $15 per person depending on age and drinker vs no drinking.

You need to attend the tailgate to get parking.

You will need to buy tickets through SU or on the secondary market. I'm seeing if SU will set up a special link so we can sit together if you buy through SU. Don't hold me to it...but expect to pay about $55-65 a ticket.

Vic S. from No Syr. 4 (1car)
Roberta C. from Columbia, SC 4 (1car)

Last edited:
*update
Mark confirmed for 2 parking please. Will be 4-6 range for tailgate most likely.

Like usual can pickup/bring food/supplies/water/beer etc as coming from Charlotte and not too far away.

We have 13 out 20 parking passes reserved. Please get with your friends and decide. I'll keep a waiting list if we get to 20.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier!
In for 4 right now. Not sure I'll need a parking pass tho.

Let me chat with the lady. We need to figure out if we're going to try the airbnb route or a hotel. Depends on how many roll with us, right now it could be anywhere from 2-15