Syracuse-Colgate 1987 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse-Colgate 1987

LeMoyneCuse

All American
I found this game while searching for better ones from the 1987 season. Warning- tape quality is pretty bad.

Also, wasn't this the game where Gregory blew out his knee?

I found this game while searching for better ones from the 1987 season. Warning- tape quality is pretty bad.

Also, wasn't this the game where Gregory blew out his knee?

I believe so, or better said, had his knee blown out for him. It was a late/dirty hit from Colgate, as I remember.

I believe so, or better said, had his knee blown out for him. It was a late/dirty hit from Colgate, as I remember.
Gregory should never have been in the game at that point. Colgate was getting walloped. I have to question the coaching staff

You remember correctly. Total cheap shot that ruined his career, even though Denver took a flyer on him as a first round pick. He couldn't play anymore basically.

With Gregory, I think the team would have beaten Auburn and the West Virginia game would not have been as close. It still wouldn't have been enough for a national championship, but it would have been nice.

why he was in the game still haunts me
It is odd because I remember Coach Mac typically pulling starters early when games were out of hand. I don't remember him explaining himself after that game.

It is odd because I remember Coach Mac typically pulling starters early when games were out of hand. I don't remember him explaining himself after that game.
it was a crushing blow. He was so talented

you wonder if that injury happened today how it would have effected him. might not have been any issue anymore other than the recovery period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom