Syracuse.com Article Idea | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse.com Article Idea

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
To our local newspaper guys. First off this board is not your enemy. If you occasionally post here it will pay off in huge dividends for you. The vast majority of us read your articles daily but chose not to post on your forums because they are not moderated and a haven for curmudgeons, kids and trolls.

Could one of you interview Dr. Gross and Mr. Frazier on scheduling issues?

Football
1. Why does Syracuse have so few OOC opponents scheduled in the next few years?
2. What is the new Scheduling philopsophy going forward (in the ACC)?
3. Any changes to the MetLife Contract? What teams are you earmarking?
4. Will Colgate become a regular opponent once they meet the scholarship minimum or is the ACC instructing less 1AA teams to help conferene RPI?

Basketball
1. What teams are you earmarking for MSG or Barclays?
2. Which old BE schools do expect we'll play?
3. Any thought to playing a regular season game in Rochester, Buffalo or Albany?
4. Besides the ACC/B1G challenge do you expect to schedule any other national games not involving old BE teams?

To our local newspaper guys. First off this board is not your enemy. If you occasionally post here it will pay off in huge dividends for you.

Could one of you interview Dr. Gross and Nr. Frazier on scheduling issues

Football
4. Will Colgate become a regular opponent once they meet the scholarship minimum or is the ACC instructing less 1AA teams to help conferene RPI?

Basketball
3. Any thought to playing a regular season game in Rochester, Buffalo or Albany?
4. Besides the ACC/B1G challenge do you expect to schedule any other national games not involving old BE teams?
All great questions.

Here are some things I am wondering about...

What is the status of Sugar Bear Thompson right now? Is he expected to be 100% for preseason practice?

Can you list how the new coaching staff is broken down by the geographic areas they are responsible for recruiting?

Regarding the location of recruits, is the philosophy the same as it was for DM (6 hour driving radius plus areas where it is easy to fly into Syracuse (Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, etc.)?

Any news on the IPF would be appreciated. When the new plans have been completed, what is holding up the start of construction, etc.

Lastly, if you could determine how the ACC TV revenues will be distributed to Syracuse and the other new schools in the ACC, it would be appreciated. I believe SU, Pitt and ND will not get a full share immediately...it will start at X and over the period of 5 years slowly increase to a full share. Is this correct?

To our local newspaper guys. First off this board is not your enemy. If you occasionally post here it will pay off in huge dividends for you. The vast majority of us read your articles daily but chose not to post on your forums because they are not moderated and a haven for curmudgeons, kids and trolls.

Could one of you interview Dr. Gross and Mr. Frazier on scheduling issues?

Football

Basketball

Where is the "we are the enemy" stuff coming from?

Where is the "we are the enemy" stuff coming from?

Lot of disparaging remarks made by myself and many others in regards to the perceived lowering of sports reporting standards since the regime change at the Post Standard. Plus disgust with their unmoderated troll playground that they try to pass off as a forum. We are all entitled to our opinions...

mark, Mike Waters and Dave Rahme have both done chats on our boards for years.
I know...but they and Donnie Webb were the only syr.com folks that ever reached out to us. None of the new guys from what I can tell have.

I know...but they and Donnie Webb were the only syr.com folks that ever reached out to us. None of the new guys from what I can tell have.

Just a suggestion but you could pick the FB newbie reporter that you think is the best writer and e-mail him. He might be receptive to a good story idea. I'm sure they could use some good story ideas during this "quiet" period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom