Syracuse.com is a pay site now? | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse.com is a pay site now?

bevosu

Hall of Fame
Seems like they've instituted a pay per view. I read nothing about it.

Yep. Sister in law confirmed it was coming as she works there.

I just got on there and read an article without paying anything

The weird thing is I can still read everything free with no problem using the mobile app. Don't tell them!
You will be able to do it for a short time and then you will be cut off. Used to keep up with things during the week and then read the same stuff in the Sunday paper.

I've been reading stories for 2 days and other than the annoying pop up ads, they've never asked me to sign in as a subscriber.

Yet.

Which will be interesting because the email I use to log in when I want to make smartass comments is different than the email my subscription is under.

I just went in there and had a "pop up" asking me to subscribe. I was able to "X" it out. However, same pop up shows when I go to a new story. As of now I am able to read the articles.

This is a real shame and I for one will not pay for the use. Being in Ontario about all I went in there for was updates on Orange athletics. That price converts to a bunch of Canadian dineros. If "cuse.com" pulls the same stunt I will really be upset.

I think it stinks as well, but how can they afford to be in biz or compete with like size / location market outlets?

I have a few ideas but not helping their bottom line especially bc u know they r reading this.

Assuming they haven’t been bought / sold recently more than likely they are going to be for sale and they need/want to improve their financials, the multiples are mostly based on users/subscribers pay per and top line revenue/gross margin dollars. Bigger competition who buys the biz removes all SGA day1. Seller focus is on the biz #s trailing 12 months, not 18 months forward as of purchase date.

They get a bunch of page clicks just from the stuff that's posted on this site. Page clicks are a positive when you talk to potential advertisers. Not really knowing how the numbers translate, they are going to lose a lot of page clicks.

I don't think a pay subscription service will turn out all that great for them.

Jokes on you because last I checked NYT doesn’t have a comments sections populated by thought leaders with handles like “dumpjbnow” And “buildthatwall6969”

LOLOL... i mean i get plenty of H0T Takes here so im prob good anyways

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom