syracuse.com rating recruits | Syracusefan.com

syracuse.com rating recruits

Ithacaorange

Scout Team
what do you guys think about this? i am not a fan. i think it can backfire, if a guy comes on here and is insulted with the rating, maybe he is not happy about it. i would not be doing this.

it's awful and needs to stop. i would love to see how HCDM would handle this. Cohen wouldn't be allowed withing 1,000 yards of the Carrier Dome. Between our "beat writers" and local talk "personalities" it's an embarrassment to the program. The guy who was filling in for Bud and the Manchild today had me wanting to jump though the radio and pound him into the ground. The same with those clowns (Minus Infanti who is good) on Upon Further Review. We need Rahme back in the worst way. People like my grand father and others who take reading the local paper as gospel has recently made it almost intolerable to have a sports conversation.

I agree, dumbass move. Or just rate them all good and let them tell the writer what they are working on. E.G. Beefing up, I need to work on speed.

I'm glad that the only way I remotely know what you guys are referring to is because of what you posted here. After spending years looking on their site 1 - 2 times a day, maybe more during certain periods of the year, I haven't checked out or read anything on their site in probably around 2 years or so.

I'm glad that the only way I remotely know what you guys are referring to is because of what you posted here. After spending years looking on their site 1 - 2 times a day, maybe more during certain periods of the year, I haven't checked out or read anything on their site in probably around 2 years or so.

Ditto. I stopped checking syracuse.com about 10 weeks ago and I've been sleeping like a baby ever since. My wife has noticed the difference too. Do yourselves a favor fellas and just say no.

The Post Standard a.k.a Syracuse's home-grown version of the National Inquirer.

Cohen was already strongly disliked by Marrone.

Every since Rahme has been gone, that PS site has lost my clicks. Rahme was a beast and is badly missed.

Cohen was already strongly disliked by Marrone.

Every since Rahme has been gone, that PS site has lost my clicks. Rahme was a beast and is badly missed.

So absolutely true!

time to start trolling those articles and telling Cohen how unqualified he is to do analysis after every one of them

Today Chris Carlson has a piece on Zaire Franklin calling him "once in a decade recruit" because of his star ranking which is utterly ridiculous. I have a journalism degree and freelanced for a few years and what the P-S has done makes me sick. Dropping talented journos to replace with guys who can't see a story if it punched them in the face. They may be nice people but they lack quality writing skills and engaging story ideas.

No offense to Zaire Franklin but he's not a once in a decade recruit. He's a tremendous prospect but hardly a game-changer for the SU program. And Corey Holmes is not coming to Syracuse. His dad is an alum that's the only connection. Would be like writing about Rob Gronkowski as a prospect in the mid-2000's because his father went to SU. It's like Michael Cohen is grabbing names out of a hat and contacting them. He should look on this board to see who's actually serious about Cuse.

Just disappointing to see an important part of the community like the news going downhill so fast.

I waved bye bye to .com some time back...I almost forgot that it exists...and my fandome is better for it.

Do you guys have a link for whatever this is? I didn't look through OE's links yesterday so I don't know if I missed it or not. I'm curious to see the full extent of the horror you guys are referring to.

Today Chris Carlson has a piece on Zaire Franklin calling him "once in a decade recruit" because of his star ranking which is utterly ridiculous. I have a journalism degree and freelanced for a few years and what the P-S has done makes me sick. Dropping talented journos to replace with guys who can't see a story if it punched them in the face. They may be nice people but they lack quality writing skills and engaging story ideas.

No offense to Zaire Franklin but he's not a once in a decade recruit. He's a tremendous prospect but hardly a game-changer for the SU program. And Corey Holmes is not coming to Syracuse. His dad is an alum that's the only connection. Would be like writing about Rob Gronkowski as a prospect in the mid-2000's because his father went to SU. It's like Michael Cohen is grabbing names out of a hat and contacting them. He should look on this board to see who's actually serious about Cuse.

Just disappointing to see an important part of the community like the news going downhill so fast.

It's actually a better chance than you think. We definitely have a shot here.

Cohen was awful with the DO and maybe the PS hired him because he was overly critical of SU.

It's actually a better chance than you think. We definitely have a shot here.

Cohen was awful with the DO and maybe the PS hired him because he was overly critical of SU.

That or he's interned with the NY Times.

Beat me to it. Dad not only connection. I will trust Coach McDonald when it comes to recruiting SFl kids

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

what do you guys think about this? i am not a fan. i think it can backfire, if a guy comes on here and is insulted with the rating, maybe he is not happy about it. i would not be doing this.
Can you provide an example? I've seen some articles and clearly opinions are being put forward...but I have not seen an actual "rating". I probably just missed it so if you could point us to it, that would be great. I actually think Cohen as toned it down since a few mos. back. Overall, I think the coverage in the most recent 2 mos. is better than it was e.g. 6 mos. ago.

isnt that web-sight part of the catbox liner thats delivered 2-3 times a week?

My cats won't even go on it--says it stinks too much...

I saw that headline and, after rolling my eyes at it, continued my personal boycott of that exaggerating, talentless, joke of a journalist.

Yeah I don't post much on the forums over there anymore but I still reply to articles. I couldn't stand this one. Best in a decade? Over Hogue and Spruill? I also addressed his comment about ratings not being perfect but all we got to go on until they get here. Yeah that worked out well for our 2009 class ranked #117. Just a few "2-stars" from that class: Shamarko, Pugh, and Lemon. Rating recruits is a joke and so is that article.

he definitely shouldn't be doing "film studies" on guys that haven't committed here, that could definitely sway kids in the wrong direction. I'm fine with it on guys who have verbally committed.

I'll agree with bnoro and DCCuse about Holmes--it is a much different situation than what you're describing with that comparison to the Gronkowski's. In fact, there have been articles in the Syracuse newspaper earlier this year talking about Holmes, and how much of a die hard SU fan his father still is, and raised his son to be.

Doesn't mean that he'll ultimately end up in Orange, but I'd be willing to bet that we're the front runner, and that his dad is going to do his best to steer the son toward his alma mater.

Posted the same thing last week. Terrible idea that actually could sway recruits.

he definitely shouldn't be doing "film studies" on guys that haven't committed here, that could definitely sway kids in the wrong direction. I'm fine with it on guys who have verbally committed.
I agree with you if we're operating under the assumption that the local paper's job is to help/support the team. But I think they are trying to be journalists. Trying being the key word.

I don't have a problem with them evaluating film and summarizing impressions [although the question arises about how qualified this guy is to assess high school football prospects--which is a valid argument].

What seems asinine to me is assigning a letter grade based upon said film evaluation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom