Syracuse football brain-trust is still searching for another opponent to fill out the 2013 schedule | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football brain-trust is still searching for another opponent to fill out the 2013 schedule

I'd prefer we not go FCS if possible. Not that I want a third B1G team. Maybe UMASS or UNC-Charlotte is available?

The game must be at the Dome. Otherwise, we've lost our minds.

1 FCS doesn't count against you, just schedule it and get it over with. Or UMass/Buffalo, same difference.

Given that we will be breaking in a new QB, an early FCS game might not be a bad way to build confidence / game experience and get a "W."

Given that we will be breaking in a new QB, an early FCS game might not be a bad way to build confidence / game experience and get a "W."

Unfortunately we start out with 2 Big 10 games, one neutral, one road (albeit one of the least intimidating venues I've ever been to).

But yeah, that's probably all the more reason to go FCS in the Dome for game 3. In case we start 0-2 again.

I'd prefer we not go FCS if possible. Not that I want a third B1G team. Maybe UMASS or UNC-Charlotte is available?

I want an FCS opponent. Almost every FBS team does it. There's no shame in it anymore. And if you scheduled a B1G team, you have to give them a home game in return, if not two. Not so with an FCS. PSU and NW are enough.

why? there are a ton of schools still searching for a final game in 2013.

I'm still confused as to why SU has not announced any upcoming series other than ND and Navy for 2014 and beyond.

Unfortunately we start out with 2 Big 10 games, one neutral, one road (albeit one of the least intimidating venues I've ever been to).

But yeah, that's probably all the more reason to go FCS in the Dome for game 3. In case we start 0-2 again.

Did someone say recently that Game 3 would be ACC?

I'm still confused as to why SU has not announced any upcoming series other than ND and Navy for 2014 and beyond.
Because they didn't know how many OOC games they would have due to the ACC i'd assume.

The game must be at the Dome. Otherwise, we've lost our minds.

1 FCS doesn't count against you, just schedule it and get it over with. Or UMass/Buffalo, same difference.

Agree why make this harder then it has to be, schedule Maine or Lafayette or VMI or whatever. Christ with the Frazier we will probably end up with Oklahoma.

Colgate...Cornell

get some exposure in ACC country invite Richmond, VCU or the Citadel to the Carrier Dome

Three words: Presbyterian Blue Hose.

Because they didn't know how many OOC games they would have due to the ACC i'd assume.

That and some of our future games were against ACC I believe. We had a long series with BC and at least 2 (if not 4) with GT scheduled in outyears.

As I've said before, I wouldn't hold my breath on the Navy series ever getting played.

If Navy is committed to an 8 game BE schedule, plus Army, Air Force, and Notre Dame ... there's little room left for us.

Unless of course Army and Air Force are part of the BE in 2015. :p

Did someone say recently that Game 3 would be ACC?

IIRC the theory is Game 4 might be our coming out party...hosting either Clemson or FSU in the DOme for hopefully a night game on ABC. I have no problem with a 1AA but I prefer if we do we bring in one that is close enough to travel a 1000 fans. Another option is to work a bottomfeeder 1A like Akron, Buffalo, UMass, ODU into a 2 for 1 series. Play them home in 2013 the third week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom