Syracuse football: Heavy competition at wide receiver starts this spring (WRs Preview) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football: Heavy competition at wide receiver starts this spring (WRs Preview)

Sharod Johnson, Cameron Jordan, Ed Hendrix and Anthony Queeley...

As depth. That is outstanding. Either of those guys, healthy, likely have the ability to step in for any starter and produce.

Unless the OL is much better at pass protection, this would be a great way to get Devito killed.
Not if we use it situationally and the ball comes out quickly.

I'm not saying it should become our primary identity.

Unless the OL is much better at pass protection, this would be a great way to get Devito killed.
I know this is a WR thread, but I don't know why so much hand-wringing when it comes to the OLine. This is not 2007 any more. We have skill and depth of talent. The kids who will jump into starting roles or into the 2-deep are 100% Dino recruits, which means they've been in the S&C program now for years (outside of Class of '19). Most red-shirted and I loved their profiles upon joining the program. Yes, there are some unknowns, but I am really confident that this will be an above-grade unit in 2019 and beyond.

Bailey states that this may be the deepest WR group we've had in some time. I disagree, it may be the deepest ever.

Ever is some time.

You're going to lose this one in court.

So difficult to judge these sorts of things.

Harris has shown the potential to be a go-to guy at the position. N. Johnson & S. Riley are quality college guys.

Outside of that, it's all potential, IMO.

Love the physical potential of this group. Now we just have to find a "guaranteed" short-yardage guy like Erv. With Devito at the helm, the ball will be fired quicker to find those holes in the defense and having a guy who runs great routes and rarely drops it will be crucial for this offense.

Love the physical potential of this group. Now we just have to find a "guaranteed" short-yardage guy like Erv. With Devito at the helm, the ball will be fired quicker to find those holes in the defense and having a guy who runs great routes and rarely drops it will be crucial for this offense.

i think it's gonna be Jackson. His TD in the bowl game was a tough back shoulder throw. short pass as well.

Bailey states that this may be the deepest WR group we've had in some time. I disagree, it may be the deepest ever.
Deepest perhaps... but we had a core in 1987, 1991-1992, and 1996-1998 that had long-term NFL guys. Not sure any of the kids on the current roster fits that bill -- it's a VERY high bar.

Last edited:
Deepest perhaps... but we had a core in 1987 and 1991-1992 that had long-term NFL guys. Not sure any of the kids on the current roster fits that bill -- it's a VERY high bar.

Not going to argue core group, but we have 8 guys that probably could start, and not just at SU.

Lol y’all going crazy over our WR corps look at OU’s

giphy.gif