Syracuse Football in the Late 80's and 90's | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football in the Late 80's and 90's

elimunelson

All American
McNabb was the Maestro, but Konrad was the heart and soul. He really should have gotten the ball more on handoff and passes.
Konrad was incredible. They almost had too many options during Konrad's run with the team. Had he been on the 99 team there may have been more featuring him with Nunes under center.

He could have put up Mike Alstott like numbers I bet.

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
McNabb was the Maestro, but Konrad was the heart and soul. He really should have gotten the ball more on handoff and passes.
I think Konrad was underused as a receiver out of the backfield, but his running style never really stood out to me. For a guy with his size and power, he always seemed to be tackled or tripped up too easily. I think he would've been a better fit at TE, but alas, Deleone had to keep the linebackers honest with the fullback dive in the freeze option.

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
First game: 1968 - SU v. Pitt at Archbold.

The Orange won the game 50-17.

Cliff Ensley was all over the field that day for the Orange defense. The orange and blue uniforms. The green grass of Archbold Stadium. The Pilgrim Franks hot dogs.

I loved everything about it.

And, I have loved it ever since.

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
The 1992 season was my coming-of-age season for SU football when I was 10 -- the Texas game specifically. I lost my mind when we ran that trick play with Graves catching a two-point conversion (and then the stands fell down)

A young, tall, spindly JKinPhilly was in the front row and brought the stands down on top of Graves.

That was a wild, and underrated play in our history.

Last edited:

JKinPhilly

All Conference
A young, tall, spindly JKinPhilly was in the front row and brought the stands down on top of Graves.

That was a wild, and underrated play in our history.
I thought we killed our QB...what an intro to football in the Dome for me. I'd been to many bball games but that was my first taste of big time football.

cusefan88

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcpts 1st 5/Tackles 11 Games
I never had a choice. My family has been going since the Archbold days.

Scooch

Living Legend
I'm one of the very small group of people who can legitimately claim that they were students for 2 consecutive years where the football team saw far more success than the hoops team.

1991 and 1992, my freshman and sophomore years at SU.

I imagine you gotta go back to the 60s to find another two years that meet the criteria.