Syracuse football players sit out first practice with coronavirus concerns | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football players sit out first practice with coronavirus concerns

I can’t blame the kids.

I won’t name schools but we all know other programs who are not going to take precautions as seriously as we do.

Happy the athletes acknowledge the program’s efforts to stay safe.

I wouldn’t assume we’ve had no positives. The county has reported several “travel related” positives recently. Would think an athlete or 2 would be included in those numbers.

Why not practice and learn the new system on defense if your happy with the plan in place at SU? If your concerned with what certain other teams are doing refuse to play the particular team/teams unless you get reinsurance they are safe. Feels like a lost chance to get caught up.

Why not practice and learn the new system on defense if your happy with the plan in place at SU? If your concerned with what certain other teams are doing refuse to play the particular team/teams unless you get reinsurance they are safe. Feels like a lost chance to get caught up.
They've been doing walk throughs for weeks - they've already been learning the scheme. This is a chance to send a message, and they did.

It does seem a little odd. Maybe they felt they needed to do this to get parley with the AD? I would think there are other ways to do so that don't disrupt the schedule, but what do I know?

I look forward to hearing Dino's statement on this matter

I look forward to hearing Dino's statement on this matter
lol...
I'll write it for him.

"These are young men than have some things they'd like to see addressed. To say anything more would undermine them, the team and myself."

or

"Its a ongoing situation that I'm not prepared to get into."

And maybe we get, an "I'm proud of them for standing for something they believe in."

Do you expect more?

Interesting.
EeyD1jXUwAAVYEl