Syracuse Goes Mobile Ticketing (Luddites Take Note) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Goes Mobile Ticketing (Luddites Take Note)

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Dear Mark:

As Syracuse University continues to monitor the evolving landscape of hosting athletic events during the COVID-19 era, in an effort to be prepared to manage any future schedule changes and work toward a contactless environment, Syracuse University Athletics will implement Mobile ticketing as the only ticketing option for Syracuse football, men’s and women’s basketball and men’s lacrosse, beginning with the 2020 football season.

Among the many benefits of Mobile ticketing, the most important that led to this decision include contactless entry; enhanced convenience and efficiency with quicker movement through venue entry points; improved security against counterfeit or stolen tickets; and the ability to transfer tickets electronically to family and friends. Digital or Mobile ticketing is a trend we are seeing across the nation and will likely become standard operating procedure across all venues going forward. In 2019, 25% of all Syracuse football tickets and 30% of all Syracuse men’s basketball tickets were redeemed as mobile tickets for entry to games.

Fans can now access and manage all season and individual game tickets via their MyCuse Account. For more information on mobile tickets, as well as a step-by-step guide on how to use and manage them, please visit our Mobile Ticketing Guide. (Please note, fans who do not have a smart phone may call our box office at 888-DOME-TIX to talk through their ticket options, however, be advised that printed tickets will no longer be available.)

Finally, we thank our season ticket holders who signed up for our mobile-only ticket option before this decision was made. For those who entered, we will hold a random drawing for the prizes listed in that offer and the winners will be notified by August 15, 2020. Prizes will be mailed to the address on each winner’s MyCuse account.

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support as we work together to keep our community safe and support our Syracuse student-athletes.

Go Orange!

Syracuse University Athletics

**** me. :(
Time to turn in old sparky

medium_1997_1650__0001_.jpg

and get a smart phone

Obviously for the crowd who doesn't have a cell phone and will never get one they have an issue.

Not sure how SU will handle this.

This might provide clues

Last edited:
Dear Mark:

As Syracuse University continues to monitor the evolving landscape of hosting athletic events during the COVID-19 era, in an effort to be prepared to manage any future schedule changes and work toward a contactless environment, Syracuse University Athletics will implement Mobile ticketing as the only ticketing option for Syracuse football, men’s and women’s basketball and men’s lacrosse, beginning with the 2020 football season.

Among the many benefits of Mobile ticketing, the most important that led to this decision include contactless entry; enhanced convenience and efficiency with quicker movement through venue entry points; improved security against counterfeit or stolen tickets; and the ability to transfer tickets electronically to family and friends. Digital or Mobile ticketing is a trend we are seeing across the nation and will likely become standard operating procedure across all venues going forward. In 2019, 25% of all Syracuse football tickets and 30% of all Syracuse men’s basketball tickets were redeemed as mobile tickets for entry to games.

Fans can now access and manage all season and individual game tickets via their MyCuse Account. For more information on mobile tickets, as well as a step-by-step guide on how to use and manage them, please visit our Mobile Ticketing Guide. (Please note, fans who do not have a smart phone may call our box office at 888-DOME-TIX to talk through their ticket options, however, be advised that printed tickets will no longer be available.)

Finally, we thank our season ticket holders who signed up for our mobile-only ticket option before this decision was made. For those who entered, we will hold a random drawing for the prizes listed in that offer and the winners will be notified by August 15, 2020. Prizes will be mailed to the address on each winner’s MyCuse account.

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support as we work together to keep our community safe and support our Syracuse student-athletes.

Go Orange!

Syracuse University Athletics
Oh boy. John Wildhack dropped the big one!

This was inevitable and surely the implementation was moved up because of COVID.

I have to admit, I have always looked forward to the day my season tickets arrived. It is nice to open the package up and page through the tickets and the games, and really start thinking about the season. It is close to the exhilarating feeling I used to get when I got a pack or two of baseball cards as a kid.

But I am in IT. Have spent a big part of my career getting rid of paper. Love using my phone instead of paper when I fly. Would love the opportunity to send tickets to friends and family instead of having to deal with hard copies. I think we will finally get electronic ticketing for parking as part of this, which again, is way overdue and will be a godsend to fans whose plans change late, when it is too late to get hard copy tickets to someone else.

Yay for progress. Yay for saving some trees. Maybe I will buy a pack of baseball cards to replace my lost ritual of opening my season tickets. They do still sell those, don't they?

Oh boy. John Wildhack dropped the big one!

This was inevitable and surely the implementation was moved up because of COVID.

I have to admit, I have always looked forward to the day my season tickets arrived. It is nice to open the package up and page through the tickets and the games, and really start thinking about the season. It is close to the exhilarating feeling I used to get when I got a pack or two of baseball cards as a kid.

But I am in IT. Have spent a big part of my career getting rid of paper. Love using my phone instead of paper when I fly. Would love the opportunity to send tickets to friends and family instead of having to deal with hard copies. I think we will finally get electronic ticketing for parking as part of this, which again, is way overdue and will be a godsend to fans whose plans change late, when it is too late to get hard copy tickets to someone else.

Yay for progress. Yay for saving some trees. Maybe I will buy a pack of baseball cards to replace my lost ritual of opening my season tickets. They do still sell those, don't they?

It would be cool if they offered a non-scannable ticket option for the memorabilia factor. People would obviously have to pay for it but it couldn't be that much to do. I have my Clemson ticket and a couple of memorable BBall tickets as part of my SU Shrine and love to display them.

Have them for the Nats. There is an option when you send tix to some of your Luddite friends where they can print. What MLB does is they want everyone to have their app and the ticket thing is a part of it.

Also, load up money on it, and all transactions for food and beverage and gear are just a scan. Makes sense.

yup pretty hard to scalp phone to phone. My kids has every stub to every game we have been too. a pretty nice collection.. guess he is done now.

I'm a ticket stub collector also so that part stinks. But it seems like this is the direction that a lot of teams and universities are going.

I really like the sounds of being able to have funds in the app for concessions etc.

Would fit in perfectly with the rewards part of the app. Some of those items are unattainable for me, and others I dont want. Would be nice to roll rewards points into a dollar amount to spend at concessions or team store.

I'm a ticket stub collector also so that part stinks. But it seems like this is the direction that a lot of teams and universities are going.
So am I. Was hoping to collect enough to make into some sort of border for my Syracuse room.

Even after having seasons for basketball for 10 years I don’t think I have enough :(

So am I. Was hoping to collect enough to make into some sort of border for my Syracuse room.

Even after having seasons for basketball for 10 years I don’t think I have enough :(
Scan and print doubles of the ones you already have.

Wonder how "will call" and the box office at the Dome works. Guess if you want to buy one last minute or have tickets on hold at "will call" you show up and they email it to your phone on the spot or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom