Syracuse has a date for its first football game under the new Carrier Dome roof | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse has a date for its first football game under the new Carrier Dome roof

it will be interesting to see what the dome looks like this fall.. will it be ringed with steel waiting for the 2020 finish?

Wonder if we are going something like Road-Road-Colgate-Road-Bye-ACC home game so we 'could' bump this out if need be.

I don't think anyone would kick up that big of a stink if this got moved to Cornell. vs being played with construction wrapping up.

Ohio still has an open OOC slot for 2020. Wonder if we ask them to move it up a year.

@Buttgers
@Ohio
Colgate
@ACC opponent
Bye
ACC home

That schedule isn't going to derail a contending team nor would playing Colgate in Ithaca.

Wonder if we are going something like Road-Road-Colgate-Road-Bye-ACC home game so we 'could' bump this out if need be.

I don't think anyone would kick up that big of a stink if this got moved to Cornell. vs being played with construction wrapping up.

Ohio still has an open OOC slot for 2020. Wonder if we ask them to move it up a year.

@Buttgers
@Ohio
Colgate
@ACC opponent
Bye
ACC home

That schedule isn't going to derail a contending team nor would playing Colgate in Ithaca.
i think 6 home games is the least our ad will schedule

i think 6 home games is the least our ad will schedule

Right. You have a home game against Liberty later in the year which obviously isn't going to be week 1 or 2 of Colgate if the home opener. There is only one open spot with @Rutgers the other OOC.

Basically its 4 ACC + Liberty + Colgate for that season no matter what. ST holders I don't think would revolt if Colgate got moved due to Dome reconstruction. Its a pretty short timeline for a brand new roof just saying I won't be shocked if we schedule a bye and a roadie after this.

Well, that ought to be a full house.. Home opener for us, curiosity, and 5000 'Gate fans making the short trip.

If it was like 1988 and Colgate was actually Ohio State, I would be in full agreement with all of this.

If it was like 1988 and Colgate was actually Ohio State, I would be in full agreement with all of this.
Hah. I hear you. :) They're a top 25 FCS team, so they're no Gimme... Endless Patriot league Champs... They'll compete.

Spent the last 2 day speaking with 'Gate players, I know. They're pretty fired up about this one. They wanna bring their normal 5K to this. They're so close,that they could be one of our better hostile crowds of the season. We win, but it's why they're first. It's for New York, and I love it.

With the date set for a Friday night, it has my hopes up, that the LED light package will be capable of putting on a show...;-)

My inner 10 year old: "Please let there be fire, please let there be fire."

With the date set for a Friday night, it has my hopes up, that the LED light package will be capable of putting on a show...;-)

My inner 10 year old: "Please let there be fire, please let there be fire."
That was a nice LED presentation on the basketball court just before the NC game.

What a great surprise it would be if a system like that was rolled out just before the team took the field.

That was a nice LED presentation on the basketball court just before the NC game.

What a great surprise it would be if a system like that was rolled out just before the team took the field.
That's my hope... An 8pm game could give those that show up early a chance to see natural light coming in, and then a light show intro.. Or even if they wait til the half, we'll get to see 2 new big features, at one game.

Have they ever scheduled an FCS team for a Friday night? (And I do think it has something to do with bringing Colgate fans/Alumni who may very well root for Cuse, as long as it's not against 'Gate)