Syracuse Lacrosse: Another Goalie Battle Looming for 2017 (Nunes) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Lacrosse: Another Goalie Battle Looming for 2017 (Nunes)

Personally, I believe the job is Molloy's. I really hope they just leave him in the goal next year and cut the crap with the goalie carousel. This will allow Klan a year to acclimate to SU and the team, then start for three years. I am pretty sure that Avalone is not coming back to the team next year. He is getting rid of all his gear, would lead me to believe he is graduating and moving on.

After years of stability at the goalie position, the last five seasons have featured numerous starters in net. That is unlikely to change in 2017 with SU entering the fall with a deep crew of netminders...

Syracuse Lacrosse: Another Goalie Battle Looming for 2017

Strange take. Malloy is the starter. Unless Klan is really, really good or Malloy is really, really bad, there should not be a battle. None of the other players listed in this article appear to be realistic contenders for playing time unless something drastic happens.

Personally, I believe the job is Molloy's. I really hope they just leave him in the goal next year and cut the crap with the goalie carousel. This will allow Klan a year to acclimate to SU and the team, then start for three years. I am pretty sure that Avalone is not coming back to the team next year. He is getting rid of all his gear, would lead me to believe he is graduating and moving on.

Avalone has 1 year of athletic eligibility left and even if he uses it, he's not in contention for playing time. It's crazy to think he was a higher rated goalie coming out of high school than Blaze. Its either Molloy, Klan or Madonna. I think a full fall ball and spring preseason with Molloy as the #1 will help the D. Need to replace two starters at close and if you change goalies it might lead to an early defensive struggle

Avalone has 1 year of athletic eligibility left and even if he uses it, he's not in contention for playing time. It's crazy to think he was a higher rated goalie coming out of high school than Blaze. Its either Molloy, Klan or Madonna. I think a full fall ball and spring preseason with Molloy as the #1 will help the D. Need to replace two starters at close and if you change goalies it might lead to an early defensive struggle
Yep. The fact that they are replacing two d-men means Molloy has a huge advantage. Unless he totally falls on his face, it will be him.

My son went to Sweet Lax summer camp and because they were short goalies he volunteered and worked with Klan he came back impressed saying Klan was really really good.

Job is way more open then most people think. Klan didn't transfer here to sit out a year. Malloy will have to earn it.

Job is way more open then most people think. Klan didn't transfer here to sit out a year. Malloy will have to earn it.
Good, competition is good.

My son went to Sweet Lax summer camp and because they were short goalies he volunteered and worked with Klan he came back impressed saying Klan was really really good.
You have to be to play at SU

Malloy definitely had a few shots he would have liked to have back vs. Maryland. I wouldn't mind seeing Khan get a look.

Also, it was fun to look at that list of goalies from the past. I had forgotten about Peter Coluccini and in my mind gave Galloway credit for being at Syracuse for 6 years :) Also forgot about the game Al Cavalieri played in the tournament. Man time flies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom