Syracuse NIL Store | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse NIL Store

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
A day late and a Duce short...

Syracuse University Athletics is partnering with Campus Ink on an initiative for Orange student-athletes' Name, Image and Likeness opportunities. The Syracuse NIL Store is an additional NIL Merchandising solution for Syracuse student-athletes, with an anticipated launch date of mid-January 2023.

"The Syracuse NIL store is another vehicle for our student-athletes to participate in Name, Image and Likeness opportunities," said Syracuse Director of Athletics John Wildhack. "The partnership with Campus Ink is an exciting opportunity for student-athletes to build and leverage their brand with personal merchandise in their digital lockers. NIL remains front and center in our department priorities and we will continue to provide resources for our student-athletes to capitalize on NIL opportunities."

The Syracuse NIL Store will serve as a complete NIL merchandising store for Cuse student-athletes, featuring officially licensed apparel. The store will act as a hub for student-athletes to partner with designers and make apparel that uses officially licensed Syracuse marks. Every student-athlete who signs up will possess a personalized digital locker room which will house their merchandise.

The NIL Store handles all the creative, product creation, design, marketing, fulfillment and customer service for its student-athletes. Additionally, the NIL Store works directly with student-athletes to educate them on merchandising, marketing and sales trends to develop strategies for optimal success.

While this is a good thing and will make some mad money for the players, this is not a game changer. They aren’t gonna make the hundreds of thousands of dollars they are getting, being offered, for doing some charity work. It’ll be nice for the players who aren’t getting those sweet deals.

Christmas shopping for me for the family will become even easier. And what I mean is when they buy me stuff.

While this is a good thing and will make some mad money for the players, this is not a game changer. They aren’t gonna make the hundreds of thousands of dollars they are getting, being offered, for doing some charity work. It’ll be nice for the players who aren’t getting those sweet deals.
Yup. Apples and Oranges. Originally, some thought that only the very top athletes were going to get the big dollars, but now it seems like some schools are "paying" everyone for at least the big revenue sports. Makes it very difficult to keep up with the Joneses.

However, things like this NIL store, will at least be an avenue to funnel money to any player you chose.

Kind of like rolling the dice here. Why buy some kids merch when he may not be here
Because you like the player and some of the proceeds go to the player.

How many Sinclair soccer jersey's would be on a gift wish list if they were available through this mechanism - thousands.

This could be a big problem for Manny's.

Shirt World Collective where the players

gene wilder nothing GIF

A day late and a Duce short...

Syracuse University Athletics is partnering with Campus Ink on an initiative for Orange student-athletes' Name, Image and Likeness opportunities. The Syracuse NIL Store is an additional NIL Merchandising solution for Syracuse student-athletes, with an anticipated launch date of mid-January 2023.

"The Syracuse NIL store is another vehicle for our student-athletes to participate in Name, Image and Likeness opportunities," said Syracuse Director of Athletics John Wildhack. "The partnership with Campus Ink is an exciting opportunity for student-athletes to build and leverage their brand with personal merchandise in their digital lockers. NIL remains front and center in our department priorities and we will continue to provide resources for our student-athletes to capitalize on NIL opportunities."

The Syracuse NIL Store will serve as a complete NIL merchandising store for Cuse student-athletes, featuring officially licensed apparel. The store will act as a hub for student-athletes to partner with designers and make apparel that uses officially licensed Syracuse marks. Every student-athlete who signs up will possess a personalized digital locker room which will house their merchandise.

The NIL Store handles all the creative, product creation, design, marketing, fulfillment and customer service for its student-athletes. Additionally, the NIL Store works directly with student-athletes to educate them on merchandising, marketing and sales trends to develop strategies for optimal success.

I want to know what the return policy is.

Will the store accept returns and give refunds if the players is no longer with the school?

I want to know what the return policy is.

Will the store accept returns and give refunds if the players is no longer with the school?
Not any more than you get a refund when a pro team trades a player

Based off the commentary here during games JG3 should sell a ton of these with all his fans here.

Kind of like rolling the dice here. Why buy some kids merch when he may not be here
I would be hesitant to buy a jersey with a name, unless they are a senior or it's obvious they are leaving for the draft. Otherwise, I'd rather buy a jersey with just the number, and ideally the player still gets paid.

Would also like to see them allow former players to use this. I would love to buy an Eric Dungey and Rhino jersey.

Maybe im just old and probably not in the majority, but I cant wear jerseys of college kids or pros to be honest, I will donate, i will cheer, but i cant wear another mans work uniform.

I would be hesitant to buy a jersey with a name, unless they are a senior or it's obvious they are leaving for the draft. Otherwise, I'd rather buy a jersey with just the number, and ideally the player still gets paid.
Why would a player get paid if it’s a jersey with just a number?

Why would a player get paid if it’s a jersey with just a number?
Because Electronic Arts was forced to pay players for using their jersey numbers and other info that clearly matched the real players. SU starts selling multiple jerseys with just the numbers of current players like Shrader, Rhino, Jesse Edwards, etc. We know exactly which players those numbers represent. Could be another lawsuit if players don't get paid.

Anyway, my point was that because of the transfer portal, I would be hesitant to buy a jersey of a current player with his name on it, unless they already made significant contributions to the program. If it just had the number, I would be more likely to buy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom