Syracuse opens -12.5 against Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse opens -12.5 against Georgetown

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
About right. KenPom has Georgetown as our weakest opponent of the next 3.

I know they haven't really played against any opponent of note, but they are still scoring 80 ppg to our 72. Not sure what to make of them, but 12.5 seems high with our struggles on offense at times this year.

That’s entirely related to pace of play. We average 67 possessions a game and they average 75.

Eh, pace of play is a part of it, but it's not everything. They shoot 47% from the field and 36% from three. We shoot 42% from the field and 29%(!!) from three. Opponent level explains some of that, but we have definitely seen that it's not always the opponent that causes our offensive struggles.

Too high. Should be about -6.5.
Northeastern was a ten point dog so they must be better. I agree with you just based on past history with Georgetown. Hope we bring our A game.

Our team is starting to figure it out. But on the other side of the coin, we have played like dog poop against all former big east teams for four years now.

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

All freshman backcourt for GTown. Against the zone. In the Dome. They could be deer in headlights
yeah but Okinjo almost went to ucon so he's not just any freshman

Well, to me, its too high. Pace of play. a 12.5 point differential at the pace we play is like a 15 point differential at a faster pace

-if we're up, 15 or so with 7 minutes left, we're going to take the air out of the ball and there's a good chance that the lead will decrease in exchange for time running out... nobody will care because we'll win..but that 12.5 is likely going to melt down to 8 or 9

id be all over the hoyas, should not be a double digit line.

That was free money again.
I wish I was in Vegas. And I hate betting against the Orange. One year i bet against the Orange and this was when they couldn't hit a free throw. They started off going 21 out of 22.

I wish I was in Vegas. And I hate betting against the Orange. One year i bet against the Orange and this was when they couldn't hit a free throw. They started off going 21 out of 22.
You can bet in RI if you care to drive. RI passed sports betting at their gambling establishments. If I was home I would have done it.

You can bet in RI if you care to drive. RI passed sports betting at their gambling establishments. If I was home I would have done it.
me too. I didn't know that

Taking the points with Georgetown is not betting against Syracuse. It's betting against Syracuse to cover. Different things.

Taking the points with Georgetown is not betting against Syracuse. It's betting against Syracuse to cover. Different things.
Spin. I took P.C. against the Cuse a number of years back. I was betting against Syracuse. if it makes you feel better to say it that way, go for it.

Only time I bet against SU was the 2001 football beatdown at the hands of the U

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom