Syracuse opens -13 over Western Michigan... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse opens -13 over Western Michigan...

690West

Moneyline Master
Ohio St. -5 over Dayton. That could be a great game

Deja vu for CUSE? There has not been a lot of positive coming out of the last 7 games, but got to think back, SU lost in the BET in the 2003 season, also had 5 losses, then got a rather respectful #3 seed, and yes, in the East. And they were tested, beating 4 Big 12 teams, who remarkably were talked up all year as the best conference (sound familiar!), down the stretch to capture it all. I wonder.... SU beat #1 OU, #1 Texas and #2 KU for the NC. They will likely have to beat a #2 and #1 just to get to the final 4 and will surely meet another #1 and maybe another #2 in the finals, should they get there. Not many thought we had much of a chance, but a couple of players surely rose to the occasion.

The line is about the same as Montana last year IIRC.

We had that covered by the second TV timeout.

The line is about the same as Montana last year IIRC.

We had that covered by the second TV timeout.
I just checked. jn, spot on as always. It was exactly -13 vs. Montana

Deja vu for CUSE? There has not been a lot of positive coming out of the last 7 games, but got to think back, SU lost in the BET in the 2003 season, also had 5 losses, then got a rather respectful #3 seed, and yes, in the East. And they were tested, beating 4 Big 12 teams, who remarkably were talked up all year as the best conference (sound familiar!), down the stretch to capture it all. I wonder... SU beat #1 OU, #1 Texas and #2 KU for the NC. They will likely have to beat a #2 and #1 just to get to the final 4 and will surely meet another #1 and maybe another #2 in the finals, should they get there. Not many thought we had much of a chance, but a couple of players surely rose to the occasion.

Some dude named Carmelo Anthony

Deja vu for CUSE? There has not been a lot of positive coming out of the last 7 games, but got to think back, SU lost in the BET in the 2003 season, also had 5 losses, then got a rather respectful #3 seed, and yes, in the East. And they were tested, beating 4 Big 12 teams, who remarkably were talked up all year as the best conference (sound familiar!), down the stretch to capture it all. I wonder... SU beat #1 OU, #1 Texas and #2 KU for the NC. They will likely have to beat a #2 and #1 just to get to the final 4 and will surely meet another #1 and maybe another #2 in the finals, should they get there. Not many thought we had much of a chance, but a couple of players surely rose to the occasion.
Didn't we beat Okla St as well in the Dance. I think so. Also Mizzou but that I think was in the Reg. season. Big 12 Champs-Syracuse.

It's pretty telling how much the gap has narrowed across the landscape. The highest spread is -19 among those already posted. I recall being in Vegas in '03 and Texas was something like -40 in it's first game.
Spot on Poppy. Duke was favored by 33+ six times in the 90's including a record 46 point spread in '99

I remember us being an extremely popular Final Four pick in 2003 amongst the talking aheads. I don't think we surprised anyone.

I remember us being an extremely popular Final Four pick in 2003 amongst the talking aheads. I don't think we surprised anyone.
They liked our chances in Boston but after struggling against Manhattan many thought OU was way to big for us and quite a few actually picked OSU to beat us in the second game in Boston. Almost everybody said we got lucky landing Auburn and Texas was supposed to handle us easily. We were a double digit underdog in the final against KU. Yes, there were many who picked us as the dark horse that year. This team is remarkably close to that team, only difference is the Melo factor. If we shot even 42% from the floor the last 7 games, we would have lost only too UVA, and that would have been close one. If, and I know that is a big if, we can find our shooting again, then I like our chances getting too and beating Kansas. Florida we would have to bring our A game and play well all around to beat. I think Louisville landed the easiest path and they also took care of UK as well. The South bracket is clearly the toughest which actually I like better as SU clearly plays to the level of competition and have been doing so pretty much all year.

Moneyline is out at Syracuse -1100 which equates to a 92% chance of us winning

They liked our chances in Boston but after struggling against Manhattan many thought OU was way to big for us and quite a few actually picked OSU to beat us in the second game in Boston. Almost everybody said we got lucky landing Auburn and Texas was supposed to handle us easily. We were a double digit underdog in the final against KU. Yes, there were many who picked us as the dark horse that year. This team is remarkably close to that team, only difference is the Melo factor. If we shot even 42% from the floor the last 7 games, we would have lost only too UVA, and that would have been close one. If, and I know that is a big if, we can find our shooting again, then I like our chances getting too and beating Kansas. Florida we would have to bring our A game and play well all around to beat. I think Louisville landed the easiest path and they also took care of UK as well. The South bracket is clearly the toughest which actually I like better as SU clearly plays to the level of competition and have been doing so pretty much all year.

Well, that only difference is one to the exponential factor!!!

I don't think id trust cuse to win by more than 13 against these guys.

image-1954626536.jpg

there were a couple of Seth Davis types picking a Manhattan round one upset, but I suspect they were trolling our sensitive fans and didn't really believe it.

Moneyline is out at Syracuse -1100 which equates to a 92% chance of us winning

What was the peercent chance of us beating NC State? I would say this team is an enigma, except toward the end it was much closer to a dumpster fire than any sort of mystery. Let's hope the mystery(blowing out a team or 2, and upsetting higher seeds) returns.

You're right, the only difference is the Melo factor. Some guy who has led the NBA in scoring and has multiple olympic gold medals. Other than that, identical. :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom