Syracuse pays basketball opponents to (hopefully) lose; how buy games work | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse pays basketball opponents to (hopefully) lose; how buy games work

Always knew this has been happening, but nice to know some of the dollars being dished out. Thanks.

That article was well done on a number of levels. Love a good long read; nice change of pace from the Sub. This offered some good insight into how difficult those mid-major coaching jobs are - not just coaching and recruiting from a disadvantage, but also some pretty serious fundraising duties (and this was a good reminder that I owe Matt Langel a check...).

Nice explanation of the Arkansas State connection and Boeheim's typical regional preference. Can't say I've ever seen "largesse" spelled without the second "e" before, though.

I forgot how obnoxious Buffalo's coach is. Cool that Boeheim's big about it, though. Hope we crush them this year.

One thing I wish they'd followed up on: why no Eastern Michigan for the first time in years?

We won't go anywhere for less than $85k. LOL. Oats is such a jacka$$

There are very few good home and homes OOC because the school who hosts the first of them has a huge advantage. If 2 good schools agree to help each other out and schedule a home and home and keep the buyout low there is no incentive for the team that hosts the first year to play the return game. Its a bad trend one school usually has to pay the other. Theres almost 400 D1 teams the good ones should really play more OOC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom