Syracuse @ Pitt October 6th Tailgate/Meetup?

I'll be attending this game with what looks to be 4 others. Was trying to see if folks here would be interested in setting up a tailgate or bar meetup before the game. I have a bunch of the necessary tailgating items with a canopy, table, small grill, chairs, cooler, etc.

Seeing if I can get some interest before really looking into the particulars. Just respond to the thread if you're interested and I'll work on figuring out the lot/bar that will work for the group.

I'll be attending this game with what looks to be 4 others. Was trying to see if folks here would be interested in setting up a tailgate or bar meetup before the game. I have a bunch of the necessary tailgating items with a canopy, table, small grill, chairs, cooler, etc.

Seeing if I can get some interest before really looking into the particulars. Just respond to the thread if you're interested and I'll work on figuring out the lot/bar that will work for the group.
We should have a group of 6 going down.

Might be easiest to do a get together at a Sports Bar near the stadium. Kickoff time could be problematic as this one smells like a Noon or 1230pm kick...

I can work with Consigliere and give him some suggestions for a tailgate. I sent an email t my Pitt Tailgate contact...I'll see if he can give some pointers or possibly host you guys.

Last edited:
Might be easiest to do a get together at a Sports Bar near the stadium. Kickoff time could be problematic as this one smells like a Noon or 1230pm kick...

I can work with Consigliere and give him some suggestions for a tailgate. I sent an email t my Pitt Tailgate contact...I'll see if he can give some pointers or possibly host you guys.
Thanks Mark!

I reached out to South Hills Association of Tailgaters (SHAT). The Shatheads are willing to host you guys. They are in a private lot but they said some cash lots are located nearby. They charge $25 per person (food n booze). They charged us $20 back 12 years ago. I haven't heard back what the price is for non-drinkers and minors.

On the fence about this game, based on the high school / JV football schedule here in our Cleveland area household.

Later would be better. If it’s a nooner, might not work out. But we’ll see.

All you can eat n drink tailgate $25
Adults non-drinkers $15
Teens $10
Younger kids Free

I have the email for the Pitt guy. I have parking info.

I'm not going...I need one of you guys to step up and take lead. I'll give you a data dump and make an introduction to my Pitt acquaintance. The Fine Mess will offer them an invite in 2019.

All you can eat n drink tailgate $25
Adults non-drinkers $15
Teens $10
Younger kids Free

I have the email for the Pitt guy. I have parking info.

I'm not going...I need one of you guys to step up and take lead. I'll give you a data dump and make an introduction to my Pitt acquaintance. The Fine Mess will offer them an invite in 2019.
I don't mind taking lead on this Mark. Will message you my email so you can send me details/contacts.

Alright everyone, Mark got me set up with the Pitt tailgate crew. They'll will be providing me with a date to get our final numbers in which I will post in this thread once they get back to me.

If folks are already all in for this buy-in tailgate, feel free to leave your total confirmed numbers now if you have them.

When we get closer to due date for money, I'll make a list with each username and their total group numbers.

My group will be Ubering into the tailgate, so for folks that need parking there are cash lots nearby where these guys are set up.

Some parking info here:

They're in the lot to the right of 930 N Lincoln Avenue. They don't have room for parking in that lot as it's all prepaid parking. There is a lot one over from them plus a couple of surrounding lots that are cash lots and an easy walk to the tailgate lot. Google Map Link is below. (Tailgate is about a 5 minute walk to Heinz Field).

Google Maps

I will post any new info as I get it.

Just got an update from one of our tailgate hosts.

Deadline to get our total group numbers to them will be October 1st

Please get your confirmed numbers posted here by then. The prices Mark posted above are confirmed. You can pay cash at the tailgate

On the fence about this game, based on the high school / JV football schedule here in our Cleveland area household.

Later would be better. If it’s a nooner, might not work out. But we’ll see.
You have until Oct 1st to figure it out...hopefully Cuse @ Pitt is on a 12-13 day window versus a 6 day window

bigmike

Connoisseur of head and legroom.
Looks like I may be 6 now. Will know for sure mid- Sept. What are folks doing in terms of ticket acquisition? I feel helpless without Mark.

Could go the stub hub route - just wondering

Consigliere

All Conference
Just got an update from one of our tailgate hosts.

Deadline to get our total group numbers to them will be October 1st

Please get your confirmed numbers posted here by then. The prices Mark posted above are confirmed. You can pay cash at the tailgate
Two of us as of now. I bought tickets through SU months ago. Not sure if they have anything left but worth checking

Looks like I may be 6 now. Will know for sure mid- Sept. What are folks doing in terms of ticket acquisition? I feel helpless without Mark.

Could go the stub hub route - just wondering
My group is getting tickets on Stubhub/TickPick. There are very cheap seats down low for this game. We're looking to sit in the lower level on the Cuse side.

Bumping this thread (Will do this once a week to remind folks). Make sure to get your final numbers in before October 1st!

My group (only 3 of us now) just got tickets in section 109 for $23 a piece. TickPick is the way to go if folks are still looking. They dont have fees like StubHub

Top Bottom