Syracuse Raises Tuition | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Raises Tuition

Stevenson

2023 Cali Award Winner Pts Against & Passing Yards
For the 2020-21 academic year, the cost of tuition for all full-time undergraduates will increase by 3.9 percent. For those students admitted prior to fall 2018, the tuition totals $50,700. For those admitted in fall 2018 and afterwards, the tuition totals $54,270, a figure that includes the previously announced premium.

That is just tuition, folks...

For the 2020-21 academic year, the cost of tuition for all full-time undergraduates will increase by 3.9 percent. For those students admitted prior to fall 2018, the tuition totals $50,700. For those admitted in fall 2018 and afterwards, the tuition totals $54,270, a figure that includes the previously announced premium.

and thats a main reason ill never be able to afford to go here lol

also remember the loans right now are at a low value now too.. offsets a chunk of this

Wonder how the lawsuits work if schools can show full houses in the fall for more virtual stuff too.

No one except the wealthy pay full price. The wealthy who pay full price help generate scholarship help for other students. The average cost to a student (because of scholarship help) is way less than the stated number.

Last edited:
I am so thankful I attended SU when I did. I could never pay the costs now, and I finished my masters in 2012.

‘Cuse was always expensive, but they were really generous with my need based aid. I only received need based aid, and it was cheaper for me to go there than Miami (OH) instate with a scholarship.
Agreed. SU gave me a nice scholarship and need based grants that paid my tuition. My out of pocket costs were only room and board. It was the same deal I got for going in-state in Texas with a private scholarship I had won. No brainer for me :)

Learning is real. It is a classroom that may be virtual. Huge difference

Agree to disagree.

Online learning overall is pretty poor compared to in person learning, especially when a University is not used to having to operate that way. I could see the process improved somewhat by fall but not enough to warrant paying full price.

My son is accepted to Syracuse they are not competitive on the grant side. Maybe because they such density in area (Tri State) and so can basically go down the list to get people to pay full price.

I loved my seven years at Cuse :p
(ok, it was only 4, plus a summer session), but - I have zero desire for our daughter to go there.

Thankfully, she feels that way even more so, so it’ll end up being some art college that “only” costs $40k / year. :confused:

When I attended (mid 80’) it was “only” $13-$16k / year all-in, tuition plus room n board.
Which was pretty much my Mom’s salary, so she worked for 4 years to put me thru school, and once I graduated, my parents were then able to sell our house & retire.

I’d love for our kid to go to a SUNY school, since after your first job, that piece of paper is almost irrelevant.

Would like to know why college tuition goes up at more than double the baseline inflation rate.
I guess the answer is - because it can.

Does that include a monthly student subscription to Spotify ?

That's a 12 pack of Genny Cream (with rebate) for crying out loud.

I’m just glad it’s my son’s last year. Tuition has gone up 3.9% a year every year while CPI has been close to 2%.

Reactions: CIL
SU offered my son a nice merit based scholarship along with some ROTC money. He almost went there but then West Point came through. He decided to go there. I was okay with paying some money for him to go to SU. The kid had a great visit to SU, ditched Dad and ended up at a sorority. Glad his Mom wasn't on the visit as her freak out meter would have been pegged.

Maybe he thought West Point had sororities filled with hotties when he decided to go there. He never visited West Point before accepting the appointment.

Edit:. Oops misremembered. He ditched Dad after the FB game for a sorority from a visit as a cadet from West Point. He definitely knew by then West Point had nothing like sororities...and yes, Mom would have still freaked out if she knew.

BTW, he still kept his SU fan card.

If you didn't see it posted in the other thread...here is his Orange Down The Field Mix

Last edited:
I loved my seven years at Cuse :p
(ok, it was only 4, plus a summer session), but - I have zero desire for our daughter to go there.

Thankfully, she feels that way even more so, so it’ll end up being some art college that “only” costs $40k / year. :confused:

When I attended (mid 80’) it was “only” $13-$16k / year all-in, tuition plus room n board.
Which was pretty much my Mom’s salary, so she worked for 4 years to put me thru school, and once I graduated, my parents were then able to sell our house & retire.

I’d love for our kid to go to a SUNY school, since after your first job, that piece of paper is almost irrelevant.

Would like to know why college tuition goes up at more than double the baseline inflation rate.
I guess the answer is - because it can.
Because of guaranteed student loans.

There's no way I'd be able to attend if I was going to SU now instead of 2006-10. Even though most aren't paying sticker price, financial aid doesn't cover everything if you get a generous enough package. I shudder thinking at what the price will be in a few years.