Syracuse Record in Wagner Game? | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Record in Wagner Game?

OrangeTarheel

It’s time to kick names and take ass
We only allowed 50 yards of offense to Wagner last week. I thought that was low enough to warrant a peek at the record books. There was no way it was a record but maybe it was close …

Not really. But we do hold the record! Boy that burst my bubble.

Record: -47 yards

Syracuse passed for 60 yards and rushed for minus-107 in its 40-0 loss to No. 9 Penn State in 1947. The Orange finished the season 3-6, averaging a mere 8.6 points per game.

The performance also earned the Penn State defense the NCAA FBS record for fewest yards allowed in a single game.

We only allowed 50 yards of offense to Wagner last week. I thought that was low enough to warrant a peek at the record books. There was no way it was a record but maybe it was close …

Syracuse passed for 60 yards and rushed for minus-107 in its 40-0 loss to No. 9 Penn State in 1947. The Orange finished the season 3-6, averaging a mere 8.6 points per game.

The performance also earned the Penn State defense the NCAA FBS record for fewest yards allowed in a single game.

su has had about 10 or so games where we held people to less than 50 yds and a few with like -75 yds rushing

Hey thanks!

To be fair to us, all the records on that page look to originate in the 30s and 40s

Whoa George McDonald was our OC that long ago?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom