Syracuse to Immortalize Roy Simmons Sr. and Jr. with Statue | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse to Immortalize Roy Simmons Sr. and Jr. with Statue

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse to Immortalize Roy Simmons Sr. and Jr. with Statue

image_handler.aspx

They are both Legends of Syracuse and no others more fitting to have their legacy remembered by all!

To see how everyone in Syracuse knows and reacts to Roy Simmons Jr is a testimony to him and the sport being part of Syracuse!

The stories I've heard about Sr are amazing and one wouldn't have existed without the others influence!

I must say that III has carried on the legacy and I think the things he has done for the program are forgotten sometimes!

The University couldn't have made a better decision than to honour these two amazing people! You don't get many Roy Simmons!!

Personally, I'm rooting for the statue to be just of one body and have two heads.

I was lucky to meet both as an SU student.

While Roy Jr certainly is a character in his own right, I won't forget interviewing Roy Sr and hearing the story of his train-hopping adventures that earned him the nickname "The Hobo Quarterback" at Syracuse.

In the same discussion, of course, was that he had never seen a lacrosse stick before coming to SU and...well, he kind of picked it up, both literally and figuratively.

Well deserved honor for both men.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom