Syracuse up to #2 in CNN/SI power ratings | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse up to #2 in CNN/SI power ratings

Not I... Let them chase us.
I have always believed that JBs teams have done better as underdogs. JB has made the FF I believe as a two seed in 87, three seed in 03 and four seed in 96 and 13. But hopefully when you look at our collective record the last five yrs, especially our record in 2012 when we lost Fab and still made elite 8, hopefully we are used to having a big target on our back. Would love to see JB make the FF as a one seed for before he's done. But if course more importantly hope he wins another title before he hangs it up, any way we can get it. go CUSE!!

For all those that say Jimmy doesn't mix up his defenses Luke Winn's stats clearly say we play something other than zone at least 5-10% of the time over the last 4 years. So there.

For all those that say Jimmy doesn't mix up his defenses Luke Winn's stats clearly say we play something other than zone at least 5-10% of the time over the last 4 years. So there.
I don't get that stat. Do they consider defending a fast break m2m?

I don't get that stat. Do they consider defending a fast break m2m?

I think that must be correct, but it seems like that would be zone as well one or two man zone.

i am confused how we only played 85% zone in 2010... im guessing a fast break is a possession that we dont play zone in?

I was hoping for an underdog season this year.

underdog.jpg

I hate being an underdog. Being a powerhouse and a perennial top 5 team is way more fun. I don't want people to be shocked when after 40 minutes they see a blur of Orange, a beat down on the scoreboard and an extra number in the loss column for their team. I want people to see our boys walking out of the locker room knowing that their team will have to play a perfect game to even stay close with us.

We're not underdogs and haven't been for a very long time. I thought we were going to win it all midway through the season when Melo was here, have had that same sense twice, the AO year and the Fab year. Zero doubt in my mind we win it with those guys. Anybody who thinks we were underdogs with Carmelo, Gmac, Edilen, Warrick, a capable 7 footer and 2-3 GREAT role players is insane.

I have always believed that JBs teams have done better as underdogs. JB has made the FF I believe as a two seed in 87, three seed in 03 and four seed in 96 and 13. But hopefully when you look at our collective record the last five yrs, especially our record in 2012 when we lost Fab and still made elite 8, hopefully we are used to having a big target on our back. Would love to see JB make the FF as a one seed for before he's done. But if course more importantly hope he wins another title before he hangs it up, any way we can get it. go CUSE!!

I think about 95% of fans always think this about their team and it's probably actually true of <1%.
In the last two tournaments we are 6-0 as a favorite and 1-2 as an underdog.
We've obv. been a 4 seed more often than a 1, so there's been more chances to make deep runs.

I hate being an underdog. Being a powerhouse and a perennial top 5 team is way more fun. I don't want people to be shocked when after 40 minutes they see a blur of Orange, a beat down on the scoreboard and an extra number in the loss column for their team. I want people to see our boys walking out of the locker room knowing that their team will have to play a perfect game to even stay close with us.

We're not underdogs and haven't been for a very long time. I thought we were going to win it all midway through the season when Melo was here, have had that same sense twice, the AO year and the Fab year. Zero doubt in my mind we win it with those guys. Anybody who thinks we were underdogs with Carmelo, Gmac, Edilen, Warrick, a capable 7 footer and 2-3 GREAT role players is insane.

Kind of agree, but being the underdog can be fun, too.

Words can't quite express the feeling I had sitting in RFD last March, watching all the Indiana fans stream through in their silly pants while I'm drinking and calmly thinking, 'We are going to crush you tonight and you have no idea.'

That video of Zona busting Duke's 2-3 is a thing of beauty. I just hope I never see that performed against ours.

Setting aside everybody feels this way.

How is being a 2 seed, 3 seed and 4 seed in the tournament "underdogs" to my knowledge those are the only seeds to ever win a title. Sure we weren't the overwhelming favorites of the one seed, but it's not like we were Wichita State a year ago where we weren't favored anytime we stepped on the floor.

Setting aside everybody feels this way.

How is being a 2 seed, 3 seed and 4 seed in the tournament "underdogs" to my knowledge those are the only seeds to ever win a title. Sure we weren't the overwhelming favorites of the one seed, but it's not like we were Wichita State a year ago where we weren't favored anytime we stepped on the floor.
I hear you but my main pt is we have never made the FF as a one seed. If you are a one you are obviously a favorite. If you are a three or four seed then you will probably have to pull one likely two upsets at least to win it all. We were clearly the underdog against iu last yr and that was our best game of the season IMO. Being a two seed is more nebulous. Some two seeds are obviously on the short list of favs to win it all but even in 87 we were prohibitive dogs against unc in the elite eight. Just as we were against ku in 96...most "experts " I listened to in 03 had ku as the fav in the final. But I see your pt, in all our FF runs we had many of the games obviously where we were the favorites to win...