Syracuse vs Clemson tickets on StubHub

As I post this, the night before a single person gets a chance at buying an individual ticket to the Clemson game, there are 2,358 tickets for sale on the resale platform StubHub. I was floored to see that. That’s almost 5% of the listed capacity of the stadium, and the prices seem to indicate that folks are expecting a hefty return.

For the first time I am convinced that we will have a full on sell out. Between students being very likely to show out for this, Clemson being pretty much guaranteed to sell their allotment, the season ticket bump and this, it seems obvious.

I can’t wait for my presale slot on Thursday morning to begin!

Most of those listings are from speculators who don’t actually have tickets in hand - they’re just looking for a buyer at a price point and will go and find you a ticket after you pay.

upperdeck

Living Legend
so how are they selling on stubhub for a real seat with no idea if they can actually get that seat? just where are they getting an entire row of seats from ? some of those seats wont even be available when the actually do go on sale

so how are they selling on stubhub for a real seat with no idea if they can actually get that seat? just where are they getting an entire row of seats from ? some of those seats wont even be available when the actually do go on sale
That’s how they operate - they figure if they can’t get you the seat you want they’ll “upgrade” you to a better row/section

upperdeck

Living Legend
but if demand is as high as people hope there really wont be huge sections together as some may want.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
It’s probably a lot of season ticket holders who know what their seats are.

dollarbill44

All American
I believe StubHub doesn't guarantee you that exact seat, but an "equivalent" or "better" seat if the one you purchase isn't available. I think it's in the small print.

bnoro

Edinger Disciple
Most of those listings are from speculators who don’t actually have tickets in hand - they’re just looking for a buyer at a price point and will go and find you a ticket after you pay.
You can't do that without an actual location. I guarantee you they are all Season Ticket holders or 3 game package holders.

Top Bottom