Syracuse vs Notre Dame game thread... (LAX) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs Notre Dame game thread... (LAX)

Whitey23 said:
Was galasso in the game there at the end? Think he might have been out in favor of lecky. I guess desko wanted lecky to initiate from up top.

Galasso was in.

ACC Men's Lacrosse‏@ACCMLax 2m
#ACCMLax All-Tourney: ND: Kavanagh (MVP), Kelly, Doyle, O'Hara Cuse: Mullins, Rice, Staats, Donahue Duke: Matheis, Class UMD: Murray

Thought ward had a great look late he passed up wish he would have let that rip

I respect your lacrosse opinion quite a bit so I'm asking you. This might be a stupid question, but do most of the other high-level games have as many scoring streaks as ours seem to? Seems like we have streaks of 4 or 5 goals from both teams quite often in our games. It could just be my imagination also and the stats might not back that up.

MSOrange said:
I respect your lacrosse opinion quite a bit so I'm asking you. This might be a stupid question, but do most of the other high-level games have as many scoring streaks as ours seem to? Seems like we have streaks of 4 or 5 goals from both teams quite often in our games. It could just be my imagination also and the stats might not back that up.

Pretty typical in lacrosse.

It is most definitely a game of runs, but it's like hoops - there are games where each team will have their runs (Pitt jumping out to an 18-0 lead and SU getting right back in it comes to mind), but there are other games where the teams trade goals and no one ever really breaks it open. Runs in lax seem to feed on themselves. The D gets back on its heels and it can snowball.

Yes absolutely, especially when two teams are evenly matched. Sometimes you get a see saw back and forth game but thats more the exception then the norm. ND is a tough Defensive team so there more likely to play a closer game versus the runs syracuse goes on. With the faceoff its easy to go on 2-4 goal runs especially when you can play make it take it with a great faceoff guy. If you get a chance watch some of the upcoming games and conference tourneys you will see a lot of teams go on runs especially Duke, Albany, Denver etc.

when you give up 15 goals to N.D. you know your defense is not playing well.

Harris and Grimm were real slow to pick up defenders today.

Here's what you do, switch goalies, the 2nd guy will always play better in the clutch.

Flip a coin, draw straws, shoot for it, as rational as anything else.
it's been a crazy year back there....can't make sense of it.

Lamo played great in the 4th...he earns his job back for now

it's been a crazy year back there...can't make sense of it.

Lamo played great in the 4th...he earns his job back for now
Agree - I fully expect Lamo to start against Colgate and Wardwell to play the 2nd half.

when you give up 15 goals to N.D. you know your defense is not playing well.

Harris and Grimm were real slow to pick up defenders today.

D was extremely bad, only think I can think is that the Duke game completely wore those guy out, even Mullins looked off. D was slow to slide and left way to many guys wide open. Those three quick shots of the pinch and pop were absolutely ridiculous.

I think it's too late in the season to tinker with the 2 goalie rotation. At this point, I would replace Lamo only if he really tanked in the 1st quarter and the game was getting away from us. Or I would keep him in (going into the 2nd half) if he was on fire in the 1st half.

I think it's too late in the season to tinker with the 2 goalie rotation. At this point, I would replace Lamo only if he really tanked in the 1st quarter and the game was getting away from us. Or I would keep him in (going into the 2nd half) if he was on fire in the 1st half.

Best bet is to go back to the split we had going, I was in favor of starting Wardwell for sure but it clearly was a disaster.

Best bet is to go back to the split we had going, I was in favor of starting Wardwell for sure but it clearly was a disaster.
Some of it may be that they have developed a rhythm based on when they play. Who knows? All I know is that I want Wardwell starting if/when we play Duke again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom